Have I got stuck?

Options
I don't feel like I'm losing weight anymore and it's getting harder to continue to eat right. I find myself wanting to eat a lot, all the time. Specially since my husband is away and I feel so bored and alone. I need some motivation and asap.
Is there still hope!?

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Girl ....Im here for ya..;)....We all feel that way sometimes, you just have to push through it and you will be proud of yourself when you do push through.....Yes there is hope, there is always hope....and you may be losing inches if your not seeing anything on the scale...doesnt mean you not making progress.......
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I could have written this myself. I feel exactly the same lately and my hubby is also away :sad:
  • MissKahli
    MissKahli Posts: 11
    Options
    awww kacee darlin! bless your heart, there is always hope. anytime you feel like munchin.. come here and talk to me instead. I could certainly use the friendship too :)
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Of course there's still hope! Don't give up. My bf doesn't need to work out neither do my roomies (either already thin or just lazy). I get bored and wanna eat too b/c they're all always trying to mess up my diet. So I got a dog. Now I have to play w it and walk it alot lol.

If getting a dog isn't for you, try joining a walking group (or any group). It'll become the funnest part of your day and something social to do!

XoXo Christina
  • precious71701
    Options
    Keep trying...You and I are in the same boat and I think mine might be worse...In about 5 months all I have lost is 11 pounds...I know part of it is due to my age and maybe I should exercise more...I'm working with trying different things to see what it takes to get past this...Just keep trying to switch some things up and see what works best...Best of Luck....
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You have to find it within yourself. If you keep the foods that temp you out of the house they won't be there when you are feeling down. Also get a good book and some low fat popcorn. Maybe do a walking video to give yourself a few extra calories when you do lose you fight againt the cravings. I am a carb eater but I found when I gave up the white bread, pasta (replaced them with low carb whole wheat) and Processed snacks that were high in carbs I didn't have the cravings as much. I eat popcorn, berries with cool whip, grapes, melons, veggies with little dressing for dipping or hummus and low fat whole wheat crackers. I stick to portions size and only eat what I have in my goals.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yes there is still hope! First and foremost you have to make this happen for you (not your husband he married you how you are) depression eating is very common. I have alot of friends who's spouses are in the military. And my own boyfriend is abotu to join the army so I will be surviving Bootcamp then AIT. And Im a stress eater! But you have to find things to distract you. If that walks or the gym so be it. read books, get scented candles to help you de-stress. Its different for everyone but you cant focus on the sad part
  • KaceeDawn
    KaceeDawn Posts: 15
    Options
    No its definitely for me. Hes just my biggest motivation since hes so in shape. He dont want me to lose because of the unhealthy measure ive taken before. but (tmi alert) starting my period isnt helping i crave everything
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you, Kacee. I was super motivated a couple of months ago (it didn't hurt that I was in a weight-loss contest with some girlfriends to keep me on my toes), and now I find myself always wanting to eat. I used to have way too many calories left over at the end of a day, and now I'm struggling to stay under my goal. As a lot of people say on here, at least we are trying. Just don't give up! And what I do when I go off track is force myself to log the foods I ate, no matter how out of control I got with eating that day. That way, I think twice the next time I want to "treat" myself. Best of luck, and feel free to add me!