what do you know now that you wish you knew then?

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm starting a healthy blog & I'm working on adding some tips & recipes. I need your help though! What is something you've learned on your journey to healthy that you wish you knew in the beginning? & what are some of the things you wish you could use in a healthy recipe? (a lot of people say peanut butter, almonds & other high cal goodies)

Thanks!
xoxo

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm starting a healthy blog & I'm working on adding some tips & recipes. I need your help though! What is something you've learned on your journey to healthy that you wish you knew in the beginning? & what are some of the things you wish you could use in a healthy recipe? (a lot of people say peanut butter, almonds & other high cal goodies)

Thanks!
    xoxo

Anyone that thinks a healthy recipe can't include peanut butter or almonds doesn't really know what a healthy recipe is.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    I wish I knew that I could eat my burned calories when I was younger.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Starving yourself is NOT the way to lose weight.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I wish I knew that barely eating will make you gain weight and I wish I knew that eating one meal a day will also make you gain... at least it did that for me :(
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    my focus is showing people that you have to eat to live & lose weight. starving won't work & is dangerous so i want to have a wide variety of recipes to show people eating healthy is the way to go! & also it's targeted at younger people like high school & college.
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Thanks!
    xoxo

Anyone that thinks a healthy recipe can't include peanut butter or almonds doesn't really know what a healthy recipe is.

that's kind of the point. im in college & a lot of girls I've talked to have said you cant eat things like that while losing weight. I want to use my blog to show people that if you do things in moderation health & weight loss will come.
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    when i was growing up i was taller and bigger body build than my friends. thought i was fat and unattractive. i wish knew then that i was not fat that everyone has different bone structure and build. even my ortho dr told me just last year i had large bones.now i have large bones and i am fat...:laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I've learned that it's really not that hard to live healthy, once we really really make that decision and stick to it, we can all do this.:drinker: Sometimes it takes faking until it all clicks into place, whatever it takes living a healthy life with freedom from limitations is so worth it:drinker:

Looking at changes in our lives, our bodies, activities we can now do and could never do before, that's worth far more than a bag of chips or chocolate ANY DAY!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew to better monitor my sodium/sugar intake, not just for weight-loss but my other skin related health issues.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    - Starting really is the hardest part, but it doesn't mean that everything else is easy.

- It's not nearly as hard as I imagined it to be.

- Don't eat less, eat better.

- I like the quote "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." -unknown
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Thanks!
    xoxo

Oh I so agree that adding in PB (any nut butters), & any raw nuts will make one of the healthiest recipes imaginable! High Cal? Nothing wrong with healthy food, high calories doesn't always mean empty calories. PB & nuts contain very healthy fats, fats are something we ALL need, awesome protein, filling, and healthy fats, what's not to like?
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    I like this blog for recipe ideas: http://www.skinnytaste.com/ Perhaps you can reblog some? Maybe make some college-friendly adaptations?