Just starting out: weight loss, gym membership

Hello everyone,

I'm starting this new weight loss journey with some high goals. I'm 36 y/o and starting going to the gym regularly or working out at home two weeks ago today. I've drastically changed by eating habits, water intake and vowed to workout every day of the week. So far, I've lost 6 lbs. I started out weighing 259 lbs and would like to burn 1.5 lbs a week with an average of 8-12 lbs calorie loss every month. My idea body weight is 120-140 lbs. Those who have lost and kept the weight off, can you offer some insight to help me reach my goals? I'm a pretty determined person and get bored easily. How often should I work out? What type of exercise should I do? What kindof meal prep should I try? I appreciate any advise I could get. Thanks!

Replies

• TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    I prep my veggies for salads once or twice per week (wash romaine lettuce & spin dry and chop, keep in tupperware with paper towel) We also keep a few different types of lettuce like spring mix, spinach red leaf or bibb.

We shred carrots & beets & keep them in a glass jar with a lid (sprinkle a little salt & lemon on the carrots) I slice up english cucumbers & keep them in a glass jar with lid. We have a variety of seeds (raw & dehydrated) in jars for easy sprinkling- pumpkin, sesame, sunflower. We also keep an assortment of raw dehydrated nuts on hand such as cashew, sliced almond, pecan, pistachio etc. ready to go in glass jars stored in the door of fridge as well as pre-washed & dried garbanzo beans.

We also keep berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries) and greek feta cheese pre-cubed in small chunks which in a hurry I know that 4-5 equal 1 oz. We also keep an assortment of boarshead deli items such as honey maple turkey or blazing buffalo chicken etc. And also I hard boil 3-4 eggs so they are ready to go. When I make things like steak or chicken, I make extra and then slice them up & keep them in tupperware to use on my salads the next day. Steak salad...YUM!

zp0oqxe6jht2.png

pyerk7igjrc2.png
    x39a5jc4tedm.png
    jy88j7ts10yz.png

The last thing we do is to have 3-4 different dressings on hand to help us not get bored. This week it's greek, balsamic, blue cheese and ginger.

What we do is mix it up every salad instead of trying to use the same ingredients for every salad.
    Example from this week:
    • Steak, dried cranberries, red onion, sliced almonds, feta cheese, tomatoes, baby romaine, balsamic.
    • Steak, avocado, hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, shredded carrot, tomatoes, baby romaine, romaine, ranch.
    • Honey maple turkey, cucumbers, green olives, garbanzo beans, onion, shredded carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, greek dressing.
    • Spinach, strawberries, sliced almonds, feta, red onion, praline pecans, balsamic.

I hope this helps, it sure has been a lifesaver for us. :)

• emmajeanious
    emmajeanious Posts: 31 Member
    Omg your salads look and sound delicious!
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Thanks. :) Each one takes less than 3 minutes thanks to the prep work.