MFP as a lifestyle

Options
For those who have exited out of the "diet" and have made this CICO a lifestyle, how long did that take?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've been here since may 11...
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I'm still 25 lbs from goal. I lost 20 over 3 months that ended last march, fell off the wagon and gained about 8 back then just lost 14 since Nov 1. 25 to go, working on fitness too so I'm not seeing it as fast on the scale, but I'm losing inches. If I somehow manage to average a pound a week loss I should be close to goal in June. Just in time for my 51st birthday.

I can see that if I want this NEVER to happen AGAIN, I will have to monitor myself using the app, I'm looking forward to whatever maintenance turns out to be. I'm so happy MFP exists, didn't have this sort of thing when I was gaining weight! Especially on days I'm sedentary it will be so nice to feel like I can maintain my weight without feeling forced to exercise if I'm not up for it.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I joined a few years ago but never bothered to really educate myself properly so I didn't get much out of it. This time I am educating myself and understand a lot more. I have lost 10 lbs in all from a year ago when I first started and am doing much better now that I understand it is a lifestyle choice that can only come from myself. I think it is great this community exists and think GP's should educate people about this app!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    It look me a year to get to my ideal weight, and now I have been maintaining for 2 years.
    After reaching my goal, I stopped physically logging, but still kept track roughly in my head.
    For me, after a year of consistent logging, I got a really good idea of how much I could/should be eating, and what foods are just not worth the calories to me.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

Oh lord, I skimmed and was thinking "well that's not very long", then I looked at the name... obviously the year :)
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Read the threads under Maintaining weight, they are packed with useful information and can really help you plan what to do after you reach your goal weight, so you don't undo all of your hard work. Cheers!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I've been on just over 8 months and have already reached my goal. Since then I continue the same way of life to maintain the benefits.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Been here since July of 2012.... Old timers unite!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been here since August 2014. The only way I'll ever leave is if they kick me out! :lol:
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Started January 2012...the first few months I got the hang of it..Macros became my life!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    For those who have exited out of the "diet" and have made this CICO a lifestyle, how long did that take?

I've been using CICO since I was 17 years old ... that's 33 years so far.