Whats YOURS favorite Guac recipe?

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
I am doing all the cooking for my better halfs birthday gathering a week from Saturday. I'm curious about some of the difference versions all of you like!!

LET ME HEAR'EM :laugh:

Edit:Seems I did not proof read my title....OPS!:wink::noway:

Replies

• jbinga
    jbinga Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple...avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. And I like to keep my avocados really chunky.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    My BF and I take 6 avocados and mix them with half a tub of cottage cheese... then add garlic salt and season all to taste... don't really have a set recipe, we actually do it different everytime... but the cottage cheese adds to it without having to buy more than 6 avocados
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple...avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. And I like to keep my avocados really chunky.

Same here.

You could also make avocado hummus, I really like avocado hummus on sandwiches, w/ carrot/celery sticks, etc...

http://gimmesomeoven.com/guacamummus-or-hummamole-avocado-hummus/
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I used to put some onion, garlic and chopped tomatoe in and realized hey that is waht is in salsa so I usually add some salsa. I defintely add garlic, lemon and cumin. I always put the pit in the bowl. Along with lemon that keeps it from turning brown as fast. My family is from the southwest or south Texas.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    My BF and I take 6 avocados and mix them with half a tub of cottage cheese... then add garlic salt and season all to taste... don't really have a set recipe, we actually do it different everytime... but the cottage cheese adds to it without having to buy more than 6 avocados

I forgot lime juice
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This....plus a little roma tomato (seeded).
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    simple! red onion, avocado, garlic, tomato (or chunky salsa), lemon juice, salt, and pepper!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Pits left in the bottom help it from turning brown as well. I like mine like jbinga, would leave out cilantro.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Simple here too...avocado, tomato, red onion, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    avacodos, chopped roma tomatoes, red onion diced, minced garlic, a squeeze of lime juice and ceyenne pepper & salt to taste.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    This....plus a little roma tomato (seeded).

Mine is:
    Avocado, Red Onion, Lime Juice, Roma Tomatos, Garlic, and Jalapenos
  • dru_howard
    dru_howard Posts: 47
    Options
    Love my guacamole recipe - 4 avacados, 1 roma tomato, 1/3 cup red onion, jalapenos (optional), 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro and the juice from two limes. Smash it up and serve. Delish.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    hmmm maybe I'll add some cilantro to mine because dru_howard and I are so close it's not even funny :)

PS: I use the Garlic as a salt replacement :0
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    I made an awesome guac with Asparagus unstead of Avacado.... kept the fat and cals down and it tasted and looked like it was made out of avacados. Just added salsa, green onion, garlic and cilantro. Was fabulous!! :happy:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I found a simple guacamole recipe on allrecipes.

I modified it a bit.

Ingredients
    - 1 avocado
    - dash of garlic salt (probalby about a teaspoon or less)
    - sprinkle of salt

Mix together, and ENJOY.

Tastes delicious, and doesn't get much easier! I like to spread this on Wasa crackers... YUM...
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of these suggestions but if you want to add a little extra something to make people say "Hmmm? That's good, what's in there?" add a drop or two of Chipotle Tabasco. Just enough zing and some great smoky flavor!