Motivation

Options
I'm debating. I have one pair of jeans that I had pre-pregnancy. I'm starting to think that maybe I won't weigh myself again until I can be able to fit into them again with ease. I put them on recently. To be completely honest it was a bit of a struggle. LOL. although I was able to zip them up I had some serious muffin top action going. So if I continue to just try to do what I've been doing and not worry about the scale and maybe try the jeans on every other week. I think that would motivate me more vs. jumping on the scale and not seeing a decline, which would only upset me and make me want to give up. So I have a question. Does anyone else out there try to shoot more for non-scale victories and does that work better for you as far as motivation?

Replies

• CAN_CYP
    CAN_CYP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, muscle weighs 4 x the weight of fat so keep an eye on your results in the mirror and don't worry too much about your weight. You could technically be losing fat and gaining muscle.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I've heard that before. So I guess I'll just stay off of the scale and only weigh myself once a month and just judge by the way my clothes fit.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    CAN_CYP wrote: »
    The way I see it, muscle weighs 4 x the weight of fat so keep an eye on your results in the mirror and don't worry too much about your weight. You could technically be losing fat and gaining muscle.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat. It's like saying a pound of feathers weighs less than a pound of metal. Muscle takes up less space than fat per pound.