High calorie soft food I can force myself to eat?

Options
When it rains it pours, I seriously get stuck with every single possible complication while pregnant and it sucks.

One of my SOs brought home the flu sometime in the last week. They had no symptoms but work around sick people, and since I've been bed bound with my mom being the only visitor, I can guarantee they are at fault.

Starting yesterday I started shivering out of no where, couldn't even get up (muscle aches) and spiked a high fever. Called OB this morning who prescribed Tamiflu since I'm still in the window and she didn't want to risk me coming into the office and exposing anyone else.

With this all I've wanted to do is sleep, on top of having some dental issues that will now have to be put on hold until I'm better. Worried about not getting enough calories for baby, so looking for some high calorie soft foods I could force myself to eat (must be wheat, barley, oat, gluten and red dye free).

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Milkshake, maybe?
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ice cream/pudding/mousse
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Milkshake, maybe?

Sent SO for some ice cream to make a milkshake earlier, but even in a sweatshirt and under a blanket I'm so cold I couldn't drink it.
    siraphine wrote: »
    Ice cream/pudding/mousse

Pudding! Good idea!
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and cornbeef hash I lived off this when my wisdom teeth came out
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Nut butters and Greek yogurt in smoothies with fruit and whatever protein additions you like. If the berries are frozen when you blend them in it will be a nice thick milkshake like consistency.

Puddings
    Thick soups
  • elphie754
    Options
    Peanut butter and cornbeef hash I lived off this when my wisdom teeth came out

Meat is out of the question right now. The idea of it makes me want to throw up.
    Cream-based soups and milkshakes. Blend up a few rows of Oreos with ice cream and bam, you got a 1,200 calorie bomb right there. ...Not that I'd know anything about that, or anything. I've said too much.

Can't eat Oreos.
    Nut butters and Greek yogurt in smoothies with fruit and whatever protein additions you like. If the berries are frozen when you blend them in it will be a nice thick milkshake like consistency.

Puddings
    Thick soups

We ordered these Greek yogurt shakes from Chobani that are supposed to be good. They had good reviews.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, yum ;D
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Cheese, avocado, nut butter, eggs. Maybe 1, 2, and 4 together!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Guacamole, smoothies, Mac and cheese
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Soup.
    Broccoli, potato, cashews and stock, cook it, blend it. Delicious and the cashews add extra cals and a bit of protein and also make it nice and creamy.
    Or sweet potato and tomato, with a bit of garlic and ginger in there, and chilli if you can handle it.

Mashed potato or sweet potato. Avocado with cottage cheese in the hole. Or if that makes you feel cold, baked with an egg in the middle. Scrambled eggs - add a bit of feta once it's cooked.
  • elphie754
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Soup.
    Broccoli, potato, cashews and stock, cook it, blend it. Delicious and the cashews add extra cals and a bit of protein and also make it nice and creamy.
    Or sweet potato and tomato, with a bit of garlic and ginger in there, and chilli if you can handle it.

Mashed potato or sweet potato. Avocado with cottage cheese in the hole. Or if that makes you feel cold, baked with an egg in the middle. Scrambled eggs - add a bit of feta once it's cooked.

These sound amazing. Will certainly try them.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Can you eat mashed potato, made with butter?
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Soup.

These sound amazing. Will certainly try them.

Good, I'm glad these sound OK. Hang in there, you've had a tough few weeks!
  • elphie754
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Can you eat mashed potato, made with butter?

I can, it just gets old after a while.