Staying positive when you over-eat

Options
2»

Replies

• danielhuse634
    danielhuse634 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't overanalyze one slip-up. It happens to me now and then but the weight continues to come off as long as I keep my eyes on the prize.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I sound like a broken record, but I have BED so I know a thing or two about going over my calories. You just have to start fresh the next day and try and do your best.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Some days I eat a little (or a lot) more than I had planned, other days I eat a little less. It's normal. It evens out over time. It's only when it doesn't even out over time, that it's not normal.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Overeating occasionally doesn't do any harm. Just like eating healthily one day won't put you at your goal weight, overeating one day doesn't mean you failed and need to start all over.

This is a life-long thing, and in your life there are going to be days where you eat a bit too much. Literally the only thing that matters is that the next day you go back to aiming for your goals. Overeating whilst trying to lose weight is a chance to learn and practice making this lifestyle a life-long thing.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This should be a lifestyle change - not a diet. When you overeat in a day, you keep living your life and get back on track with your next meal.
  • KimmalyS
    KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself that it's only ONE day.

One day out of the 30 days in a month. One day out of the 180 days in 6 months. One day out of the 365 days in a year.

And just ONE day out of a lifetime!!

It happens to us all, but be willing to get back up and try again. It really is okay to treat yourself. Give yourself a break!! :smile:
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    One word (sorta) : "whoopsie-woo".
    Thought: Well, that was a learning experience.
    Action: I'll do better tomorrow.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    One day or even many days, I still know that I have a goal.

Really focus on good things you did that day or what you got done that week.

Sometimes you are "on the road", had no time to plan, holiday's, lack of sleep (one of my issues which drives me to eat), etc...and you will have days that are off. It is just reality.

Once you hunker down, use your food scale, and start logging calories your goals will become more in focus. (This is me talking to myself....lol....)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Consistency overcomes those rare events. I know this from experience so today is no different from the last dozen times I have done this. Keep logging and working hard!
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    mysehana wrote: »
    Hey guys, the support you can find here is amazing and hope everyone is doing well..

I just wanted to ask for some personal tips on what you find helpful when you've had a day where you've over-eaten. What do you tell yourself to keep pushing through to eat well the next day?

Thank - you (◕‿◕✿)

I have good days and bad. Something that helps me is to go into my goals and readjust my stats to show I do 0 exercise and choose the lowest amount of weight loss per week they offer up and input everything to see what my maximum calories would be if I were to be at my laziest and only aiming to lose .5 a week. Cause.. a loss is a loss.. Right?

Turns out if I chose to sit on my duff and lose only the bear minimum.. I could eat 2250 calories. To lose 1lb a week, 2000. And 1.5lbs, 1750. (I have it set to 1750.. cause next down is 2lbs a week and 1350. I dont want to feel like a COMPLETE loser! HA!)

So if I eat 2250 calories (technically thats 500 more than my goal).. Im not going to feel bad about it. I also go back for the past week and add up my overs and my unders then subtract the two to see which is winning out.

Regardless of the results, im not losing unless I give completely up. So I wont. I will always try to fight this. Eventually I will win.