Need motivated friends aiming to eat clean

Options
Hey everyone! I’m Joci.

I’ve been at this game for a few years now. I started at MFP in 2011 at my biggest size and biggest weight. I lost a bunch of weight in the couple years and have made some awesome changes to my physique. Last year I was thinking about training to compete in a show, but a series of back injuries set me back in the gym. It's been slow progress since then and many diet derails.

In the last month, I’ve hit the ground running. I have a new Fitbit HR Charge 2 (also in need Fitbit buddies), I’m motivated on MFP, and I’m looking to kick some serious butt! My biggest challenge is not calories in, but the content of what I’m eating. I eat mostly paleo, GF, dairy free, so dieting can be tricky. Plus I've lost so much of my muscle and I want it back. So this means bumping up the protein and cutting down on those carbs (Sigh…I love carbs).

I’m here to get friends for support in this journey. If you are someone who wants and is willing to give awesome motivation or tips of the trade, please add me!

Replies

• timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a long journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November & using Apple Watch ⌚️

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim
  • daniellelcordeau
    daniellelcordeau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I eat paleo and a clean, please add me.
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I consider eating mostly clean. Although I don't see it as being on a specific diet, I have noticed a lot of similarities with the paleo diet. Feel free to add me, I log everyday and since I am nearly done shedding kilograms, I'll be fighting to maintain my new weight.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Add me. I try to eat clean. I don't know if I have any input for you but maybe you might have something to teach me. I've started over so many times. I just wanted to keep going until I see a significant change.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Please add me!
  • MCgardener
    MCgardener Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Have been a clean eater for many years. Started working out at age 24 and never stopped. (48 now). I always go up10 lbs. in the winter. (I am a proffesional gardener so in spring through fall I burn thousands of calories a day!! (Sorry guys). I then pick up bad habits (because I can!) And order out food and eat a lot. Can't help it I come home starving and exhausted. I don't gain weight until things slow down in August and again after October. Love what I do though so not complaining.
    Re-started 25 days ago. I am down 6 lbs and want 4 more but trying to maintain this loss in the meantime.
    We can keep each other on track!
  • tempaubdadawg
    tempaubdadawg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please.
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Add me guys
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    active daily, open diary, open book hit me up if youd like, friend requests welcome.