My Goal weight is 220 Lbs from 350 lbs

Options
So I started dieting January 8 2017. My weight was 350 Lbs and I'm currently 2 weeks and I stepped on the scale this morning and I weighed 327.0. I'm happy I'm on the right track I just can't believe I lost 23 Lbs in two weeks.

Replies

• NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You can do it Vincent!

How the heck did you go down 23# in 2 weeks???

Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow that is impressive for 2 weeks!
  • VincentMRicca2017
    Options
    Well I was eating way to much. My calorie intake was between 4000 and 4100 a day and I was eating 2600 of those calories 30 min before bed. So I changed my calorie intake to 1500 and my Breakfast and lunch/Snake consist of 1100 of those calories and my food cut off is 4 hours before bed and I walk 2 miles a day and do 50 push up and sit ups a day 25 in the morning of each and 25 of each an hour after my last meal.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,630 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you got this!! I'm proud of you.
  • angelakhill90
    angelakhill90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am at 332 and my goal weight is 250 for now... Way to go! I'm just starting ill follow you for more motivation!!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Good job! But make sure you aren't eating too little, or you might be putting your health in danger. 1500 is the absolute minimum for men, and at your weight you can definitely eat much more than that and still lose weight. You need to eat back a percentage of your exercise calories too or you really will cause yourself problems.
  • VincentMRicca2017
    Options
    Yea I wish everyone luck loosing weight is hard but it's worth it. One of my main reason to loose weight is that I have nerves in my right leg that are being pinched from the fat in my thighs pushing against it. It's hurt all the time and the only way to fix it is to lose weight and not to mention I looked better at 220 lbs then I do at 350 lbs
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Vincent, did you enter your stats into MFP? At your weight and apparent age, you should very likely be eating quite a bit more than 1500. The weight will come off, I promise. I'm a 42 yr old woman weighing in at 205 currently and I'm losing weight at 1500. You should be a great deal higher.

That said, congratulations on your weight loss so far! Take care not to lose too quickly or restrict yourself quite so much and you'll be much better for it. It will be more sustainable, your skin will be able to recover more easily, you won't be losing as much muscle along with the fat (a true risk of eating too few calories) and you're more likely to keep the weight off.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    You're smart to get healthy when you're YOUNG! Listen to others advice above and do it safely.

I'm 68yo and here are my stats:

SW 376 (Jan 2013 age 64)
    CW 227 (-149#)
    GW 188 (half my SW!)

I spent most of my life over weight or trying to lose weight. THIS TIME I changed my Lifestyle with WWers, water aerobics, swimming and I try to get 10K steps a day on Fitbit.
  • aclark2765
    aclark2765 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome, Vincent! Thanks for sharing. Today is my Day 1 and your post sure does give me hope. One Day At A Time is my motto.
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! I am restarting my journey!! Add me if you need some motivation!!!
  • monkyluv_709
    monkyluv_709 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea I wish everyone luck loosing weight is hard but it's worth it. One of my main reason to loose weight is that I have nerves in my right leg that are being pinched from the fat in my thighs pushing against it. It's hurt all the time and the only way to fix it is to lose weight and not to mention I looked better at 220 lbs then I do at 350 lbs

I have the same thing happening! My left thigh is totally numb and I got a burning sensation if I stood too long. I went to the Dr. in November and she said it happens in overweight people. The nerve gets pinched causing the numbness and possibly sharp pain. That's when I decided to change my lifestyle. I found myself lowering calories, downloading MyFitnessPal and getting a Fitbit. I have lost almost 30 lbs since November and feeling great. The numbness is still there, but the sharp pain has totally gone away. Moral of the story? You're not alone! You're doing great and on the right track! You'll feel better soon!! Good luck! :-)