Midwest Heat Wave

Options

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Mid-Missouri here. Gonna have heat indexes in the 100's all week. I usually run at 4pm outdoors... not this week :cry:
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's 85 here in Michigan! But the humidity makes it feel like 100! I went to the gym today but it was so hot in there, I couldn't finish my workout :( So now, I am just sitting in my air conditioned apartment.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Just awful! Been sweating bullets since about 3:00 a.m.! i hear it is not gonna cool off til next Tuesday! UGH

Even laying in bed last night I was sweating and that was with the a/c on!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    North of the border isn't any better....90 degrees right now feels like 102. thank god for ac at work....not so lucky at home...it'll be a naked party at my house tonite...
  • bex129bex
    bex129bex Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in Michigan and walk also, are you anywhere near Flint?
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    In Dayton Ohio its 91 feels like 98 with 53% humidity and a heat advisory in affect
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    95 In Chicago today...
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the heat!!!!!!! i wish it would NEVER go away :)
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    104 heat index in Tulsa. 100s for the rest of the week.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Holly is having heat stroke someone get her a frozen Jumbo strawberry daiquiri!! STAT!
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pushing 90 degrees in Grand Rapids... so thankful to have finished my moving from an upstairs apartment into a house this weekend so I don't have to do it this week!
  • momburntdinner
    momburntdinner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I live in Central Pennsylvania:

Monday: "Mostly sunny. Very hot. Humid with highs in the upper 90s. Heat index values up to 110 in the afternoon."

I work in an office though and have central air!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Central Iowa.... 100 F Ughh Heat Index is 110F
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I didn't check the temp today, but yesterday in Tampa, FL it was 75, with a heat index of 99. Not the temps we are used to at all, sorry all of you have to suffer, but I for one am enjoying the break!
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    From Tulsa, glad I'm not there - heat index 103, humidity 25%. I'm in SE Texas...sittin' at a 91 degree heat index, 29% humidity. Love. It.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It's 110 -115 here with the heat index:( booooooooo and I have NO a/c in the car.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I didn't check the temp today, but yesterday in Tampa, FL it was 75, with a heat index of 99. Not the temps we are used to at all, sorry all of you have to suffer, but I for one am enjoying the break!

Yep! I'm in Tallahassee originally from WI. It's like opposite week! Usually it's like 90-95 here, and WI was at like 70-80. Now, (well today is different) we're at 90, but that's normal to us, with humidiy. We only get heat advisories when the heat is going to be about 105-115 :)
  • c_hamm80
    c_hamm80 Posts: 11
    Options
    Here in Oklahma I can't remember the last time it wasn't triple digits. And to think I left the desert. Now I'm asking myself why.
  • sharper43
    sharper43 Posts: 109
    Options
    It was 107 on Saturday. Luckily, today is a cool 101. Thank goodness for that cold front. lol
  • sharper43
    sharper43 Posts: 109
    Options
    oh let me add that the heat index was 130