Starting again....

Options
Hi. I have been on this roller coaster since 2011. I lose then gain then lose then gain... I'm tired of this ride. I'm 44 and losing weight isn't as easy as it used to be! I'm looking for female friends around the same age for motivation and support. I will motivate and support you as well.....

Replies

• ElizabethGenao
    ElizabethGenao Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey im looking for the same! Ive also experienced the roalercoaster effect and i need someone who can motivate and who can motivate me! You are free to add me! Im planing tk start on monday!
  • mistyraquel12
    mistyraquel12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out too!!! Would love some support on here!
  • tiffaniecannon22
    tiffaniecannon22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also am looking for support!
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I need to lose 30 or more
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 too add me
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi All.

I'm 42 (the magic Douglas Adams year!), and mostly common sense cook-at-home, prepare my food a week at a time when I'm on my game type. Nothing fancy here. Just a lot of walking and tracking. Please feel free to send me a friend request.

I've been here in fits and starts since October 2012. Started at about 230# and am now at 196# per doc's office yesterday. I've lost the 10# of ice cream I ate over the spring and summer when I learned we were moving across the country unexpectedly. :smile:

5'10" and I'm excited to get down 10# to my previous low goal, then the last 10# into healthy BMI for my height. Oh... and the jeans and little black dress territory.
  • Runsalot2
    Runsalot2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question...I'm finally back to using my fitness but I have a LOT of food I'd like to take off my page and start fresh with new food...is there anyway that can be accomplished??
  • Sarah_New
    Sarah_New Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm 48. Same story - up and down, up and down! A few years ago I lost 7 stones using MFP, but have put most of it back on. Now I need a kick up the behind and some support would help lots. Feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • WTLW94
    WTLW94 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Male, under 30 but with the same problem. Used to 154 Lbs, then get to 120. Now I'm 168 all over again :(
  • zippie2223
    zippie2223 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me. 47 in a few weeks. Pushing 270lbs need to.get down to 200.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm in the same boat. I'm 48. I need to loose 170 lbs. Could use a accountability buddy as well. You can add me.
  • LesleyEcksmann
    LesleyEcksmann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 52, but know this roller coaster ride so well. I have lost 66 pounds in the past only to gain it all back and more. I have had many false starts but this is the one that keeps going, I feel it. Add me if you like and we can push each other through the rough spots. But even if you don't, know that you CAN do this and just keep pushing!
  • faithrainbow1
    faithrainbow1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and since having my daughter three years ago the scale has been gradually but steadily climbing upward. I now weigh within five pounds of what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant! So I'd be happy to join a group of 40-something women. I'm not sure how that side of MFP works, so let me know. Do you invite me?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    44 too! Add me if you like!
  • moniqueallen180
    moniqueallen180 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will turn 44 this year. About 2 years ago I lost about 40 lbs, but still stayed about 8 pounds from my goal. I have since regained about 10 pounds by being lazy and comfort eating. I need to start on my goal again before I make it worse. Today is my day to begin and we all can help support each other.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Runsalot2 wrote: »
    Just a quick question...I'm finally back to using my fitness but I have a LOT of food I'd like to take off my page and start fresh with new food...is there anyway that can be accomplished??

I have so much crap I want to get rid of clogging up my lists - especially the recipes section. I have stuff from way back in 2011 that's just in the way. And I'm having to scroll through page after page of nonsense to find what I'm looking for. So I would also like to know how to purge all of that old garbage. Anybody know how?
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OP, your story sounds very similar to mine! I've been losing and gaining the same 70-80 lbs since 2011. I've decided recently to accept that this is a lifestyle change and something I will have to stick with for the rest of my life. Feel free to add me!
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at 49. Just over a year ago. I have lost 165 Lbs and have about 98 Lbs left to lose. It is not an easy journey but now that I am 50 I am much more happy than I was at 49 and 378 Lbs.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey! Just know that it can be done and the people here at MFP are wonderful and supportive!
  • AndrewPX
    AndrewPX Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i'm trying again. please feel free to add me.
    thanks!