21 day fix

Options
Is anyone doing the 21 day fix? If so, are you still logging your meals and calories? Has the portion ingredients system helped at all? I'm on day 6 of it and I've just been doing portions instead of logging my cals.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's the MFP group - there should be some info there

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried it and gave up as soon as I logged my calories. I should have been getting 1600 calories according to 21 Day Fix but, using the actual portions it gave me, I wasn't breaking 1000 (and I was breastfeeding at the time!). Measuring your food out is a good idea but generalizing whole food groups will cause a huge margin of error on the calorie count. If you're going to measure it out anyway, why not log the calorie count?

Thanks! I was also thinking I should count just in case, I didn't want to undo all this work.
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Here's the MFP group - there should be some info there

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

Oh thank you. That helps out
  • MCgardener
    MCgardener Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did the 21 day fix last winter. Loved it. Lost 9 lbs. At first I was concerned if the calories would be too high if I just filled the cups and didn't count calories so I logged it also. I would find that I would be over calories so I adjusted food choices and kept using MFP. IT WORKED.
    Not sure if you can just use the colored portion cups and not count. Maybe if you have a lot of weight to lose it will still work. I only had 10 so had to be strict.
    Good questions to research though.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have the containers, used them for a long time and they really helped me get a visual idea of what a portion should look like and how to balance the different food groups in one day.

But I think tracking with MFP and using macros is much more precise and also gives you more flexibility (sometimes I want to eat more avocado and I'm willing to let go of seeds to do that!!) and you should go with the system that works better with your goals.

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tried it and gave up as soon as I logged my calories. I should have been getting 1600 calories according to 21 Day Fix but, using the actual portions it gave me, I wasn't breaking 1000 (and I was breastfeeding at the time!). Measuring your food out is a good idea but generalizing whole food groups will cause a huge margin of error on the calorie count. If you're going to measure it out anyway, why not log the calorie count?

I had this same experience. My calories they were allowing me, plus the workout, was too little to function. I multi logged everything for a week and gave up after I realized how little I was eating.