Salmon Recipes

Options
I'm not a very big fish eater but I would like to start adding fish into my diet. Does anyone have any good Salmon recipes?

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute favorite: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/maple-salmon/detail.aspx

I make salmon sandwiches out of it too, and the recipe also works well with chicken.
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    b u m p :smooched:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Rick Gallops express GI diet

soy sauce lemon juice n ginger, poured over 1 thinly sliced leek salmon fillet placed on top, toss it all, microwave for 4-5 mins et voila serve with rice and a green veg FANTASTIC
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I also am not a fan of most fish. My favorite way to prepare that I think is pretty tasty is to simply sprinkle a bit of cajun seasoning on the filets and pan-fry to get the outside a bit crispy and browned.
  • Tnrbeaner
    Tnrbeaner Posts: 51
    Options
    I just assembled this the other night and it was delish!

Chili-Barbecue Grilled Salmon

1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
    1/4 cup barbecue sauce
    2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
    1 tablespoon Sriracha hot chili sauce

Pat salmon fillets dry. Combine the remaining three ingrediets. Pour half of the mixture over the fillets and spread with a spoon. Place on the grill skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting with remaining sauce.

You could also throw them under the broiler if you don't do much grilling.

http://cookingisawhim.blogspot.com/2011/07/hello-siriracha.html
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love salmon and ususlly go simple when I make it. Here is my favorite way to do it: Sprinkle salmon with smoked paprika (or any favorite seasoning) and grill it in a grill pan sprayed with olive oil. Saute some baby spinach in a tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic and serve the salmon over it. MMMMMM. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple:

Preheat oven to 350
    Spray some pam or ollive oil in a baking pan
    Put the salmon in, skin side down. Season with: lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic (or garlic powder), and dill. Drizzle a little olive oil on if you wish.
    Bake for about 20 minutes or when it reaches about 130F

If you overcook it, it will be dry and unappetizing.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe just a tip. Use parchment paper that way if you over cook it slightly which is easy to do it is still moist. Second tip don't overcook. It is delicious. When I am rushed I just put a bit of vinagret over it before wrapping it in the parchment. Length of time depends on size of fish and thickness of fillet but not long. From Seattle where Salmon is King
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle with minced garlic, lay a few sliced tomatoes on the top along with some fresh chopped basil, and grill.

I also will just bake it with minced garlic and lemon juice and dill and it turns out fantastic every time.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Grill mates has a Baja Citrus marinades that is delicious on any seafood, marinade or d rybrubfor at least and hour, and grill
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I like it broiled with a little salt n pepper than I put some peach mango salsa over it. Yummmo!!
  • Lily0013
    Lily0013 Posts: 28
    Options
    I make my own teriyaki sauce for it by boiling soy sauce, honey, and chopped garlic.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    From Seattle where Salmon is King

I don't think I ever had non-overcooked salmon till I moved here! :smile: :drinker:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I will marinate a salmon steak in lime juice for about four hours, remove, brush the skin side with vegetable or olive oil and then throw on a well seasoned grill preheated around 325...I will sprinkle on some lemon/pepper seasoning...when the fish gets flaky, I take it off the grill and dig in...sometimes, if it is a thick cut, I will make cross hatches in the steak to allow it to cook a little quicker. If it flakes easy with a fork, IT'S DONE! Taso's right...overdone salmon tastes OK, but not Goooood...

This way of cooking it gives it an extra twang and tones down any "fishy" taste if that is what you don't like...and salmon doesn't really have it as much as some other fish does..
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    From Seattle where Salmon is King

I don't think I ever had non-overcooked salmon till I moved here! :smile: :drinker:

Yes it is truly the best here... :smile: