Calories/too little then too much? Not happy with the way my body looks..

MommaRuffRuff
MommaRuffRuff Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
First of all, I'm an probably going to sound all over the place and confused and that's because I am due to reading way too many articals that are all over the place about this subject!

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,733 Member
    I'm not sure what your question is. If you aren't happy with the way your body looks, do you need to lose weight or exercise more to get it more to your liking?
  • MommaRuffRuff
    I'm sorry, I guess I do need to clarify! I defiantly do NOT want to loose more weight. As far as workouts, I do think weight training may be what I need but not sure where to start because that is not normally a part of my exercise, also I do not have the time to spend hours(or even a hour lol) a day working out. Most of my workout now are a lot of toning using body weight and easy polities routines.
    Another question would be, I am reading a lot about how bad eating under 1000(or even 1200) calories a day is. I do understanding why it is not good to go that low in your calories but I wonder if my two days or eating whatever I want make up for my low calories Sunday-Thursday?? On those days I eat a TON or veggies, always have fish or chicken, some nuts, peanut butter, whole grain bagel thins, Greek yogurt... but on my cheat days all of that goes out the window and I eat nothing but junk
  • MommaRuffRuff
    I will defiantly look into that, thanks so much!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    If you aren't wanting to lose more weight, then the lower calorie days could be a problem, depending on how much you are eating the other days. The only way to know for sure is to keep monitoring it. If you are still losing, then you need to eat more.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    Are you logging everything on your "cheat" days? You can go by a weekly goal instead of a daily goal. So if those days make up for the low days it can all even out. The reason that you don't want to go below 1200 is it is hard (impossible?) to get all the nutrients you need at that low of a calorie goal. Plus if you don't want to lose any more you really shouldn't be having any days where you are netting 1000. Unless you are under 5 feet tall and pretty old and sedentary your maintenance is going to be a lot higher than 1200 calories per day.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Are you logging everything on your "cheat" days? You can go by a weekly goal instead of a daily goal. So if those days make up for the low days it can all even out. The reason that you don't want to go below 1200 is it is hard (impossible?) to get all the nutrients you need at that low of a calorie goal. Plus if you don't want to lose any more you really shouldn't be having any days where you are netting 1000. Unless you are under 5 feet tall and pretty old and sedentary your maintenance is going to be a lot higher than 1200 calories per day.

This. Have you considered that the reason why you are bingeing on the the weekends is because you are too restrictive the other days?
  • MommaRuffRuff

@kgirlhart - I am not currently logging my cheat days because I typically eat dinner out at non chain restaurants so I feel like it's hard to track exact calories and also because I like to have a couple of days to take a break from calorie counting. But that seems to not be working for me anymore so I'm going to try out that approach just so I have a idea of how many calories I have to play with on Friday and Saturday. Thank you all for your advise! I'm feeling a little better and I'm excited to try this out so I feel a little more in control and balanced
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    I eat out pretty regularly at non chain restaurants. I just use similar entries from chain restaurants. It is a guess, but I think it still gets me in the right ball park on how many calories I had that day.