Im about to hit the grocery store, PLEASE HELP!

Options
Alright guys Im about to hit the grocery store and I want/NEED to switch things up normally I eat some brown rice and the chicken in a can with hot sauce like candy with alot of watermelon and other fruits but im getting bored I need some examples of same quick easy meals or recipes any slow cookers (Crockpot) Recipes would be amazing too I did post this on my site but Im extending it out to everyone I need some help thanks again!

Replies

• mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Avocados, tomatoes, shrimp, beans, corn on a salad with light ranch!

Whole wheat English muffin with egg whites, turkey bacon, tomatoes, cheese of your choice...

Greek yogurt 0%, with berries, apples, and cinnamon.

Hmm what else. Idk. Just quick thoughts.
  • taliyai
    taliyai Posts: 38
    Options
    The groceries that changed my nutritional life for the better:

Black beans (in the bag, dried. Must soak overnight, then boil for an hour and then store it in the fridge and use in your meals throughout the week!)

Pinto beans (same deal)

Lentils (buy in the bag, then boil 20 minutes, and add to anything! I love eggs + lentils + salsa)

My post-workout smoothie: cup soy milk +banana + 1/2 fuji apple + 5 strawberries + cup frozen peaches + cup chopped kale + tbsp ground flax seed + 2tbsp peanut butter = 3-4 servings!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I always google recipes, here is one example:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/low_calorie_slow_cooker_recipes

(click at the "see the recipes" at the bottom of the pictures to see more).
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    Miso catfish - literally takes 10 minutes and its amazing
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/11/miso-glazed-catfish-and-baby-bok-choy-recipe.html

Moroccan Chickpea soup - Takes a bit of time but it makes a ton and its cheap. You can use canned or dried chickpeas
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/moroccan-spiced-chickpea-soup-recipe/index.html

Beyond that my go to easy food is stir fry with a bit of chicken (not a lot), and tons of fresh veggies made in a wok I have. If I cut the veggies during the weekend this is a snap and takes only 10 minutes. Typically I make a quick stir fry sauce with shiro miso, rice vinegar, minced ginger and some low sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions guys!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Salmon, salmon, and more salmon seems to work well for me. I have also developed a love affair of late with Brussels sprouts and lima beans. My 10 year old son thinks I'm crazy.
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Try Gina's (Skinnytaste.com) Slow Cooker Lasagna was great and also the 3 Bean Chili was terrific as well.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    MINESTRONI MACARONI

INGREDIENTS:
    1 pound ground beef or ground chicken breast
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced Italian
    tomatoes, undrained
    2 1/4 cups water
    1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (you could use less)
    2 beef bouillon cubes 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
    and drained
    1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed
    and drained
    1 (14.5 ounce) can cut green beans,
    rinsed and drained
    DIRECTIONS:
    . In a large skillet, brown meat and onion; drain. Add tomatoes, water, macaroni and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans and heat through. Make 8 or more servings. High in fiber and very tasty. Sprinkle with a little grated cheese or a dollop of lo-fat sour cream and some cilantro.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've got a killer crock pot Black Bean Chicken Chili recipe somewhere. I'll try and find it and send it to you. Hope you like Jalapenos.