gall bladder pain....

Options
well, within a weeks time my GP set up to have my gall bladder removed. for the past 2yrs we thought i had acid reflux.
had the gall bladder out yesterday and am in so much pain. the air that they pump you up with is too much. i had 132 stones and it started falling apart when he was removing it. he said that all the doctors i saw in the last week had no idea it was this bad. he keeps telling me i will feel so much better. i didn't feel that bad in the first place. lol. thank goodness for pain meds. they said all i can do is walk and that will help release the air. and i need to burp, which i am not a burper, never could burp, or pass it as gas. wish i could that too. it feels like if i just could pass it i would feel better. stepped on the scale this morning and was up 2#S just from the air. so bloated. but, this too shall pass. on liquid diet until i can handle food. will try tonight. not really hungry, which is good.
if anyone has any other good ideas to get rid of this gas, please let me know.
thanks for reading,
chipper

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    well, within a weeks time my GP set up to have my gall bladder removed. for the past 2yrs we thought i had acid reflux.
    had the gall bladder out yesterday and am in so much pain. the air that they pump you up with is too much. i had 132 stones and it started falling apart when he was removing it. he said that all the doctors i saw in the last week had no idea it was this bad. he keeps telling me i will feel so much better. i didn't feel that bad in the first place. lol. thank goodness for pain meds. they said all i can do is walk and that will help release the air. and i need to burp, which i am not a burper, never could burp, or pass it as gas. wish i could that too. it feels like if i just could pass it i would feel better. stepped on the scale this morning and was up 2#S just from the air. so bloated. but, this too shall pass. on liquid diet until i can handle food. will try tonight. not really hungry, which is good.
    thanks for reading,
    chipper
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I had mine out..I couldnt get rid of it forever!! I swear I looked pregnant for at least 2-3 weeks.. It slowly went away..but i was in soo much pain...i dont know how you are even up!! i slept for a week straight on pain meds
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I had all that gas in me when I had my surgery but they are right. The only thing that ever gave me relief was walking around. I pretty much never sat down for the first couple of days. After the first couple days, it went away though. The gas pain but the bloat did stick around for at least 2-3 weeks. How long ago did you have the surgery?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    thanks for reading,
    chipper

wow! sounds like you needed the surgery!

i am suprised to see you mentioned you are 'not a burper'. me either. i simply cannot do it. there is only ONE way i can and that is i have to gag myself. trust me, it is not pretty. i happen to like to have a few beers now and then, but after a couple i excuse myself and gag myself in the restroom or outside. i DO NOT do it if anyone is in there because it is LOUD!! :blushing: but man, i gotta get it out! i dont know if my 'technique' will help you, please dont make yourself throw up if you try it. i normally roll up some tp and put it in my mouth. the feeling makes me gag and out comes the air in a big loud BELLLCH! :blushing:
    how embarassing!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Try massaging your belly very gently in a clockwise direction. Start around your navel and move outward with each rotation. This is the direction of the intestine and should help stimulate the peristalsis so that the bloat disapates. You can also try lying in child's pose (on your knees with your forehead on the floor with your hands down by your ankles. This can help too.
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    After surgery, walking really does help to get rid of the gas. Also, a lot of the time they will give you a medicine call simethicone which helps. You should definately ask your doctor about this! I hope you feel better soon! :happy:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I had mine out in Sept. and the gas pain is the worst! As everyone has said, walking helps. It took about 4-5 days for the pain to lessen, but a few weeks for the bloating to go away. In the end though I felt so much better, and I didn't think I felt that bad to begin with. But I've had much more energy since having the surgery.
    Best Wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • JulieMHolmes
    Options
    Hi there. Mine came out in August and I was so relieved! The way I got rid of the gas was by really deep breathing for 2-3 days and it was a lot better. And I walked. Getting in / out of bed was difficult for almost a week. It does get better quickly!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    thanks guys.....i am feeling a little better. the nurse had said that the pain meds don't help much for the gas pain. i don't care it helps me sleep.
    well, grandbabies are here to see me. post more later.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    first of all, I hope you heal fast and safe.

second, I am told we don't need our gall bladders or apendix, so why is it that when they act up, they can kill us???

Hummmmmmm