New with 100 pounds to lose

Options
nickle1720
nickle1720 Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, guys! This must be my umpteenth time starting a diet, usually weight watchers. This time i shot for a "lets just log what I'm eating to bring awareness" type program. It feels different though. Already down 11 pounds. Looking for support and maybe some questions answered and encouragement along the way! If you're in the same boat and you'd like to add me, feel free.

Replies

• drakeshattuck
    drakeshattuck Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Many of us have been down this road many times. This time around I didn't change one single thing except I started logging everything. Anything I eat goes on the list and if I can't find the exact item, I find one that I know is at least or more than what I ate. Just by seeing what you eat you start cutting back. After that I just made very moderate exercise goals. The thing is, the longer you get into a program you naturally start working harder and eating better. This is not because you are forcing yourself, it is because you are aware and as you do something daily, you get better at it. I eat 1/3 what I did before and yeah, I feel hungry at times, but normal hungry. Gone are the urges I can't resist. As you eat less you train your mind that the hunger it feels is ok. BTW, my picture is to remind me why I got fat in the first place.

Good luck! Hang in there.... if you have a bad day, don't make it a bad week. Get right back at it and don't beat yourself up.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

@LinzNicholeV @nickle1720

Welcome this time will be THE time for you both!
    :+1:

Stay focused, remember why you started and if some days you need to take it an hour at a time, that's OK too! Baby steps for the win... everyday something in our life changes, it might be feeling more energetic, our shirt or pants a bit looser. Less winded walking to the mailbox, or up the stairs, less craving for our trigger foods. So many great things to look forward to as we gain control back over our lives! Keep logging in every single day, accountability is so important.

Start hanging out in the Success threads, feel free to become a stalker over there if it helps! :laugh: Looking at before and afters photos of others and reading how they got there, the struggles in between can help us visualize reaching our own goals.

Here's a couple groups you might enjoy always great to have others around with similar goals. :smiley:http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-losing-100-pounds-naturally-no-surgery
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

Also check out the Challenge section on the Message Boards.. lots going on there as well.
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a long journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November & using Apple Watch

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim
  • nickle1720
    Options
    I'm on a long journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November & using Apple Watch

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim

Tim, that's an awesome way to think about it. That's been the biggest change for me this time... learning that if I want something to have it. It's unrealistic to think I'll go the entire rest of my life without another single cookie, piece of pizza etc.
    . So instead of having 5 cookies and a glass of milk, I can have one.

I've started a small exercise regimen. I walked a little under a mile tonight (in a snowstorm - that's a first ever!) I'm not quite comfortable going to the gym yet. I don't even know what to do with half the equipment there!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it really helps!
  • nickle1720
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm also doing this for the 1000th time and have over 100 lbs to lose. We can motivate each other!

I'd love that! I just keep telling myself "this didn't happen overnight!"

I feel like when I start on a healthy eating journey I go all in. 210% from day one. Throw out all the old and go extremely restrictive.

I'd love a motivation buddy to be accountable to/with. Thanks so much!