Thinner, Leaner, Stronger program. 32/F/cutting 10lbs.

Options
I'm following the program laid out by Mike Mathew's book, 'Thinner, Leaner, Stronger' I just started, and am looking for buddies.

Current weight 128.4
Cutting to 120

I just completed week 1 with a 3 day split. I've lost about 1.5 lbs.

Maintaining the diet has been quite fun and challenging in one. For me, the hardest part is meeting the protein quantity. I never used to eat so much of it!

Looking for advice when going out to eat in social situations.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Order an entree with meat and vegetables, if it comes with rice or potatoes ask for a veggie subst.
    I was wondering if you could share what the workout consists of?
  • mrs_huffhines
    mrs_huffhines Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the 5 day split. I know it's hard. Basically just gotta eat a lot of meat, chicken or protein shakes. yes it's hard!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Whey protein helps a lot to meet my protein goals and is pretty tasty! Make sure you get one that's either whey concentrate or whey isolate and sweetened with stevia (I like Tera's Whey in dark chocolate flavor- it's organic and grass fed too). And try mixing it with coconut water for natural sweetness and extra electrolytes! Yum! You'll need a blender or shaker cup for making the protein shakes.

I also like roasted chicken, turkey patties (I just make my own out of 93% Lean ground turkey and grill or pan sauté with salt, pepper, and garlic powder for flavor), shrimp, salmon, filet mignon, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese for protein sources. Also chick peas and black beans work well to get in a little more protein and lots of fiber- though they're a bit higher in carbs.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 4 day split, not following the diet (yet...?). I like it but the higher rep stuff isn't my bag, I'm more a 4-6 heavier weight type but I'm trying to follow the program...
  • sactosteph
    sactosteph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How are y'all doing on the TLS program? I just got the book.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @minsunho @mrs_huffhines @courtneyfabulous @grapaj @sactosteph

Hi All. You’re still doing TLS? Had success? Just bought book and did first workout of the 3 day split but a little confused!