Weight loss at home

Options
Has anybody lost weight without going to the gym? Im just looking for encouragement and was wondering if anybody lost weight at home.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I lose weight at home by making sure I don't eat more than I'm supposed to!
  • taratwocute
    taratwocute Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Yes I started out by logging on mfp and 20 mins exercise daily at home
    Loads of exercises on you tube
    Fitnessblender.com my favourite, plus you can just walk if you want to
    Good luck
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Walking, exercise and dance videos on YouTube, community centers have fitness programs sometimes too or the public libraries as well, or the community pool too
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I never go to the gym, you don't have to, there's lot you can do at home with food and excercise
  • karenabneyrn
    karenabneyrn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Need motivation...Im new...sick and tired of being overweight...Time factor with gym...work home life etc...Need to workout at home any all suggestions welcomed
  • moni032000
    moni032000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do the 21-day fix and lose about 2 lbs per week.

• hottyh80
    hottyh80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes u can,I walk a lot n watch what i eat n more so exercise using yu tube videos n it is working.
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    MANY people have lost weight - gained a high level of fitness and have never spent a moment inside of a gym.

Going to the gym does not equate or guarantee weight loss. Proper and careful logging of food ensuring you are in a calorie deficit does. Going to the gym does help to obtain good fitness and does help to burn calories allowing you to enjoy a calorie deficit easier perhaps ASSUMING your calorie intake is still in check.

You can not out exercise a huge overabundance of calories. As the saying goes.. Fitness is gained in the gym - weight is lost in the kitchen.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've quit the gym this month as just wasn't enjoying it, and it's so busy with New Year Resolution folks, I just do youtube workouts at home now (great ones by HASFIT beginner through to advanced). 9lb off in 6 weeks from doing 15-20 mins workouts 5 days per week and around 5-6km of walking per day.