I'm new! And need tips on how to workout easilyat home!

Options
PollyHJ
PollyHJ Posts: 2 Member
Hi!

I've had this app for years but have actually decided to use it starting from today :-)
I aim to lose around 40lbs but also want to tone up. I'm a complete beginner so need easy to learn workouts!

Thanks!

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I use Darebee, which is pretty good for both beginners and the more advance.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi, it depends on what you see as "workout @ Home" I guess. You probably need to find what activity you enjoy first. A lot of people include steps as a "activity", although it keeps me active, I have not seen a lot of weightloss effects on it (but that maybe because i am quite active with other activity). Running, cycling will all help weight loss, and if you want to build muscle whilst losing weight, you could invest in a TRX-system (get a look-alike, as they are much cheaper and they do the same) "https://www.amazon.co.uk/GHB-Suspension-Trainer-Training-Straps/dp/B017IL6WG4/ref=sr_1_3?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1485163882&sr=1-3&keywords=trx". These are based on working out using body weight, and there are loads of exercises you can do with it, covering every muscle group. Just some suggestions of course, but in the end it depends on what you want to achieve.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    @PollyHJ HASFIT.com either through their website or on Youtube, totally free and sooo easy even for absolute beginners, they have 10-15 min cardio/strength training videos for beginners that only require some light dumbells until you feel ready to move on to something more advanced. They also have some good pre-workout warm ups/ post-workout stretching video. Combined with sticking to my food logging I've lost 9lb in 6 weeks so far.
  • PollyHJ
    PollyHJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will check those out! I think it's probably going to be a case of trying things out and seeing what suits me!
    Have a lovely day :-)
  • Ryan_Jacob
    Ryan_Jacob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You could try using resistance bands. There are many videos on YouTube to show you some excersizes with them.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40 lbs by doing workout videos on YouTube (Jillian Michaels is my go-to, since I could usually fit some of her workouts in during my free time - I prefer 30 Day Shred and Yoga Meltdown since you can either do the beginner moves or the regular ones), doing a dance game on my gaming console, cardio kickboxing, light weights, things like planks/push ups/squats, and incorporating movement in my everyday activities like jogging in place while watching Netflix instead of sitting on the couch all of the time. Good luck! :)
  • kaayteeedid
    kaayteeedid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here's a easy work out my friend wrote me!
    30 second plank
    30 second side plank (left)
    30 second side plank (right)
    30 second Russian twists
    30 second jumping jacks
    30 second high knees
    15 lunges
    30 second butt kicks
    30 second donkey kicks
    Now repeat once more.
    This is literally a short and easy work out! You can do it! There's no such thing as easy in working out. For it to be effective you need to push your self a little. This well definitely help with that!