Women with children, give me hope?

Options
13»

Replies

• kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i have gone from fat to fit, had 2 children and have gotten myself back to fit again(i gained over 50lbs having my kids) i am not perfectly happy with my tummy yet but it's almost there

here is apost i put up acouple of weeks back

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/283143-tummy-after-2kids-and-50lb-lost-sorry-more-flesh-than-i-rea
  • newmetasha
    newmetasha Posts: 22
    Options
    I havent got saggy Skin or anything But i am covered in stretch marks & have a wobbly pouchy bit Which is so depressing :( My mum is just turned 50 and she didnt get any at all with me or my Brother she has an amazing figure i defo didnt take after her!!!! :\ good luck i hope u tone it up xx
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    I have to somewhat disagree with some people. Although genetics do play a role in how your skin bounces back, they aren't completely to blame. My mother and grandma both never bounced back from having children. They both have loose skin and lots of stretch marks. But I look like I haven't had a child, even only 3 and a half months later, except for 4 or 5 stretch marks under my belly button. Moisturize and exercise and make sure to drink lots and lots of water. Good luck!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I still have a bit of love-handles but my stomach is almost completely flat. I have the start of a 6 pack. I've had 3 children (no C-sections though). The youngest just turned one, and the old is almost 5.

Someone was asking for pictures the other day so I shall be an attention *kitten* and post again:
    IMAG0190.jpg

I am so jealous!!! My two kids are the same ages as your youngest and oldest... but my tummy doesn't look like that. :grumble: It's just a *little* droopy at the bottom over my appendix scar. You know what? I almost hate you.... lol. J/k. :heart:
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    After five babies, I fully expect my stomach to be flat again. I was worried about it starting out, thinking I'd have floppy skin, but I think it will go back over time. I think it will take time, though, and I think that a lot of the papery, wrinkled skin may never go completely - but that will be over taut belly, if that makes any sense. And I had one c-section, so that scar will probably affect the flatness, but not in any way that will bother me. (I hope. Unless it changes a lot over the next 20 lbs or so!)

I've looked at a lot of before and after photos, and it seems that with fat loss, strength training, clean diet, and time, loose skin is something that is an "intermediate" step along the way for a lot of people with similar stats as me. However, I do have friends who have a completely different situation going on - one thin friend has a severe front "apron" leftover from her second pregnancy, and it does not seem to be something that will go away without surgery. There are different elements at play, as others mentioned, so my back up plan in case I find out my stomach is a complete wreck once I lose the weight, is to remind myself that regardless, I'll look better, feel better, and live better, and I wouldn't trade those for a flat stomach again. That's just my mental Plan B. LOL
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have to somewhat disagree with some people. Although genetics do play a role in how your skin bounces back, they aren't completely to blame. My mother and grandma both never bounced back from having children. They both have loose skin and lots of stretch marks. But I look like I haven't had a child, even only 3 and a half months later, except for 4 or 5 stretch marks under my belly button. Moisturize and exercise and make sure to drink lots and lots of water. Good luck!

I moisturise every day, and did throughout both pregnancies, I drink a ton of water and I do a lot of exercise and none of that is going to make the slightest difference to my stomach, because it is roadmapped with stretchmarks and the skin is paper thin. Literally transparent in some places. My mother and one of my sisters got none at all, and snapped back. My oldest sister and I, covered in stretchmarks and loose extra skin. It is ALL about genetics - clearly my oldest sister and I got the bad ones from my father's family.
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    Drink lots of water! When your skin is well hydrated, it is more elastic.