Lost over 80 lbs in 7 months!

Options
2»

Replies

• sandyschnitzler
    sandyschnitzler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What did you do to get such great results in a short time? Congrats! !!
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!
  • bcclenney
    bcclenney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How are you guys losing the weight so quickly @davidoygen and @bcclenney I definitely want in need tips if y'all don't mind.

Glad to. First, my starting weight for this journey was 338 pounds, but my highest ever was about 400 pounds. I am currently 237 pounds.

My calorie goal is 1900/day and step goal is 10,000 steps a day, on weekend days I may go as high as 20,000 steps. I lift weights every other day. I started lifting about 4 months ago. On lifting days I really work it hard. I do 16-17 different exercises and I walk between reps to keep my heart rate accelerated. The routine takes me 90 minutes most days and if I throw in extra walking, they may go as long as 120 minutes.

As far as eating, I eat the same breakfast most days. My wife makes it for me the night before. (Thanks honey!) It is 3 scrambled eggs, onion, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers. On the weekend I'll also have whole wheat, sugar free toast with a very small amount of butter and coffee with half and half.

For lunch, most days I have a salad of iceberg lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, grilled chicken or tuna, sriracha sauce, and a lower calorie dressing.

Dinner varies. Usually some kind of lean meat and vegetables. I do have the occasional cheeseburger, steak, or pizza.

I snack on apples, bananas, blueberries, 4% milk fat cottage cheese.

I eat 1 cup of Cheerios and 1/4-1/2 a cup of fiber one in milk or in Kroger carbmaster dairy product every day. It's like yogurt, with live cultures, but I like the flavor better.

I try to fit in some almonds a couple times a week. I also like Kroger natural peanut butter on toast as a snack a couple of times a week.

I also take whey and casein supplements on lifting days. Those count in my calories.

Most days I hit about 1950 calories.

I track everything. I am on day 165 or so in MFP. I tracked with another app before that, but love MFP.

I have only missed 1 day at the gym, and that was because of a trip to urgent Care for my wife(she is OK). I made that day up the next day.

I had a plateau that lasted about 4 weeks mid-November into December. I rechecked my calories, which still looked right. I just hammered through it. I knew it would break, and eventually it did. I did change up calories a little ... Up and down, to try and shake it lose.

Hang in there! It gets hard at times, but don't let that stop you. That scale may taunt you at times, but you can power through!

Sorry to davidoygen. I didn't mean to derail your post.

Bclenney
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! You must feel fantastic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!