Breakfast recipes for muffins or quiches

Options
lucyricky2
lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
any recipes for breakfast quiches that i can make in a cupcake tin and freeze. I had some and lost them on my computer

Replies

• anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1 medium sweet potato cut into 1/4in slices
    1 cup milk
    6 eggs
    1/4 medium onion, chopped
    1 jalapeno pepper, minced (less/omit if you don't like it spicy)
    1 clove garlic
    4 cups raw spinach, sauteed until wilted
    1 cup cheese of choice (Hubs and I like cheddar the best)
    Salt and pepper

Grease a 9in pie pan and start layering sweet potatoes as a crust. Bake crust in 350° oven for 20 minutes. Beat eggs, milk, s&p, onions and jalapeno together. When crust is done, spread spinach on bottom then pour egg mixture on top. Top with cheese. I like to push my cheese down into the egg mixture so it doesn't brown too fast. Bump up the heat to 375° and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I'm sure you're going to need to play with cooking times but it would translate well into egg muffins! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and I do!
  • tag2013
    tag2013 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That sounds tasty!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    A basic quiche recipe is 4-5 large eggs to 1 can evaporated milk. You can add what ever seasonings you like, I usually add salt, pepper, parsley, and a dash of nutmeg. To make it in a muffin pan just put the pie crust in the cups and layer in whatever ingredients you like, bacon, sausage, ham, onion, broccoli, etc., a little cheese and pour the liquid on top. You will have to play around with the baking time, I would imagine about 10 to 15 minutes. Test by inserting a knife into the middle of one, if it comes out clean they are done. I make a quiche in a pie pan and it depends on whether it is a regular or deep dish pie pan on how many eggs I use. You could also make it without the pie crust, more like a frittata then. The internet has hundreds, if not more, low calorie muffin recipes you can try.