I WILL SUCCEED!!!!!

Options
Hello I'm 34 and am only a week into losing weight! I gained a lot once I stopped playing rugby and due to family tragedy have really struggled to motivate myself to get fit again. This time is for real

Replies

• dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    good luck....you can do it.....wake up every morning and tell yourself your gonna do it
  • Michael230382
    Michael230382 Posts: 139 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thank you. I've lost 1 stone 7 pounds in 2 weeks and been weight training so very proud of myself
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do this.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yes you will!
  • RobinKirkorian
    RobinKirkorian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting a Biggest Loser Contest at work today! I'm in the same boat! WE GOT THIS!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Michael, the challenges really help when you start slowing down. I lost a pound in the first month (December so I was still happy about that), did a challenge, and have lost 1.3 pounds a week for the past 3 weeks.
  • Michael230382
    Options
    Starting a Biggest Loser Contest at work today! I'm in the same boat! WE GOT THIS!
    Good motivator!!
  • Michael230382
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Michael, the challenges really help when you start slowing down. I lost a pound in the first month (December so I was still happy about that), did a challenge, and have lost 1.3 pounds a week for the past 3 weeks.
    I'll have a look! Thank you
  • Michael230382
    Options
    The thing is I know how to do it and when I'm focussed I'm a machine, but it's when I lapse or lose my willpower x
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    The thing is I know how to do it and when I'm focussed I'm a machine, but it's when I lapse or lose my willpower x

We all lapse and lose willpower at one point or another I think. You just don't let it derail you, you get right back on track.

• tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YYYYYAAAAAHHHHHOOOOO!!!!
    BEST POST I READ ALL DAY!
    GO FOR IT!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Handling lapses is a biggie. The next big thing is learning how to maintain once you get to goal weight. It may seem far away, but many have gained all their weight back (me 2 times) in maintenance. Building good and healthy life long eating habits with no scale reward, can be very challenging. I spend a lot of time reading the maintenance boards, which are very helpful.
  • Michael230382
    Options

We all lapse and lose willpower at one point or another I think. You just don't let it derail you, you get right back on track.

Very true and that has been my downfall a simple lapse on one day unfortunately turns into a week and a month! I then convince myself I'm happy being overweight but I'm not! But I can feel it, it's different this time.
  • RaiderFred1
    RaiderFred1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right On! I'm 40 & lost about 50 lbs in past couple of months. This is my second serious attept at losing over 100lbs. I was able to lose 100 about 6-7 years ago but gained it all back.
    I'm sending you a friend request for motivation and support, if you don't mind.
  • Michael230382
    Options
    Right On! I'm 40 & lost about 50 lbs in past couple of months. This is my second serious attept at losing over 100lbs. I was able to lose 100 about 6-7 years ago but gained it all back.
    I'm sending you a friend request for motivation and support, if you don't mind.
    Friend request accepted and well done! This is motivation!
  • Michael230382
    Options
    Had a fail day yesterday which I'm disappointed about. However I am making up for it today great workout on my shoulders and forearms, with a vigorous abs workout. I may go for a brisk walk as well