After workout late night snack

Options
I have been working out later at night like 9-1030 and I go to bed around 1130. Any suggestions on snacks I was doing an apple or banana but I'm waking up at 3am starving. Any suggestions would be great!!!

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're burning through those carbs fast. Have something with more protein, fat. Scoop of nut butter with banana, apple, or toast; glass of milk; 2 bowls of cereal :grin:.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I agree with the above suggestion: more fat and protein, especially post-workout. I'm not sure how many calories you have to play around with, but a couple of things that work for me (especially if you are trying to hit a protein macro) are:

--smoothie made with almond milk or real cow milk, 1 or 1/2 banana, 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein (I customize it based on how my diary is looking for calories and protein)

--0% plain greek yogurt and some (15 g or so) honey for around 150 calories and 18 g protein.

A lot of times I have a bowl of cereal (1 serving Cheerios or Rice Krispies, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp sugar) but then I always want to add an additional serving into the leftover sweet milk, so that can be dangerous!

ETA: Or, just make this, which sounds awesome! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake#latest
  • jwknight67
    jwknight67 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I make a bowl of sludge right before bed. I take a scoop or 2 of protein powder, add enough water to a little thinner than pudding. Then I add a 1/2 cup of oats and microwave for a minute, stirring half way. After its nice and warm, I add 32 grams of natural peanut butter. Its very filling, and the peanut butter slows down digestion, allowing my body to absorb more of the protein while Im sleeping.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    do I a bowl of cereal with 2% milk - literally as I'm sitting in bed for the night (around 10:30ish)