I am new

Options
I love this site so far. I also downloaded the app to my phone. It really helps keep me accountable.

I am a serious cook; I cater on the side. Between that and a sip or two (alright, glass or two) of wine, my weight has gotten away from me. I also have noticed my knees protesting lately. So, it just seems time to get real.

Replies

• sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love to cook (and bake) as well. It's definitely hard to make tasty food for other people without nibbling a bit (or a lot). I've starting simply allowing myself a set portion and pre-tracking the calories. That way, I know the damage I'm doing and have already compensated with my other food choices.

What's your favorite thing to cook?
  • szqnva
    szqnva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am fairly new, too. This is a great site with lots of awesome support! It's really great to be able to track your meals, which helps keep us accountable. And you'll find lots of great info on the community boards. Feel free to friend me!
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I bet it is hard when you work around food. I thought it was hard being a teacher with the kids bringing snacks and other treats around me daily. This is a great site. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options
    you can do it debrajo!