Getting enough water in...

Options
We need to drink a certain amount of water a day, I know. My question is this: is the daily intake guideline for strictly mineral water or does it count when I use water for tea or soup. For example my soup is a litre of water alone plus a few mugs of non caffeine fruit tea on top of just still water. Does this all count toward the daily intake?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    All water matters.
  • irshkds6295
    irshkds6295 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All water intake even in vegetables count. All goes towards hydration
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Yes. Even coffee counts. I still track my water intake, but the whole "64 oz/day" thing isn't really necessary. If your pee is a faint yellow, that means you're sufficiently hydrated.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Yes. Even coffee counts. I still track my water intake, but the whole "64 oz/day" thing isn't really necessary. If your pee is a faint yellow, that means you're sufficiently hydrated.

I have to drink enough now to keep my weedle as clear as possible (1.5-2.5 gal), but I'm also on several things that require excess hydration, consume a stupid amount of protein, and might be partially insane.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

I have to drink enough now to keep my weedle as clear as possible (1.5-2.5 gal), but I'm also on several things that require excess hydration, consume a stupid amount of protein, and might be partially insane.

Props for using "weedle" in an MFP post! I have no comment on the level of your sanity. :D
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Props for using "weedle" in an MFP post! I have no comment on the level of your sanity. :D

I similarly love the use of weedle. Gave me a well needed giggle.