Jumping on the wagon ...

Options
AmerTunsi
AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
Heelloo everyone!

I have been using MFP for about a week now through the Android APP and have found it to be a great tool and has helped me stay considerably more focused on my goal. Today discovered that there was a full blown website and that I'm not alone!
I have never used a social network for weight loss support, so I thought I would give it a go- perhaps this is the missing component to finally achieving some success.

I'm really hoping to get inspired, and stay motivated throughout this journey by finding some new friends who have been and are going through the same struggle as I am. In my "real life" i seem to surrounded by people who have no clue what it is like to struggle with weight and I find myself alone and withdrawn. Anyone else have this problem?

Other than the obvious reasons to lose weight and be healthier.... my personal goal is to find my way back to love .. self-love.

Well, I'm super excited to explore this site and to meet and hear about everyone's journey!

Cheers to us!

Replies

• bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    I miss the app - i recently switched to a palm and there's nothing for it yet - but I LOVE the website!! It keeps me on track, especially at work where i'm REALLY prone to snacking and whatnot. Enjoy all of it! I find that I tend to like this even more than facebook!!
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    Glad to have you and best of luck!!:happy:
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the app is really great as long as I remember to keep updating it! Thanks for the request!
  • nelber23
    nelber23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know exaclty what you mean! I am so excited that I found this website and I have been doing a lot better on my diet because of it. Everyone is soo supportive and inspiring. I grew up with a household of skinny people and let me tell you it wasn't easy. I was always the chunky one lol. It's nice to see that I'm not alone and I do have a support system that can get me back on track when I need it. Welcome and I hope you enjoy this website as much as I am!!