School's starting soon....... :-(

Options
I have enjoyed a lazy summer of sleeping in and working out when I want to. I am returning to the classroom in a few weeks and have thought about getting up around 4:30 in the morning to workout before school. By 3:35 in the afternoon I am emotionally, physically, and mentally drained and would rather chill than workout. The problem is,I am so not a morning person. :grumble: I may give this a test drive for a few days to see if it's doable for me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jen

Replies

• bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a pre-workout supplement? I know some people use that......I will look into it myself. School starts back for me August 1 and that will be my biggest challenge... The first 4 weeks of school kills my schedule - in all areas.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't get up in the mornings to exercise because of what you said. I am not a morning person. I'm at uni however when i was at school i would wake at 7 and wouldn't be home till 4. As soon as i got home i got changed straight into my workout gear, had a small snack and headed out the door with my ipod.

By getting ready straight away i was motivated and i didnt give myself a chance to sit down because i know i would have stayed there. Once i was out the door i knew i had to exercise..and i did. And then once i came home i'd do my homework and then i'd chill out but i didn't feel guilty either seeing as i knew i'd done my exercise.

Now while at uni i'm a member of a gym and its on the way to uni so i will either stop in before or go after.

Good luck, maybe try hanging motivational pictures or sayings in your room or stick them on the fridge to work towards your goal and you will end up exercising!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm not a morning person either! But I just go in the afternoons regardless of if I'm tired or not.
  • jackiekayy
    Options
    I work out with my roommate. There are some days she doesnt feel like getting up, and other days that I dont feel like it, but we push each other :] try to find a buddy!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher and have to be at work by 7:30 and need to leave the house about 7:10. By the time I get home I am to tired and for that matter too busy with 4 kids and a husband at home.
    i get up at about 4:55 and roll out of bed and throw on my workout clothes. I either run 2.5 or 3 miles or work out with a dvd for 30 to 45 minutes. Then jump in the shower and eat my breakfast in the car or when I get to school. I was not a morning person but after a few weeks became habit. Even now I am usually up between 6 and 7 to exercise before the family gets moving. I lost 35ish pounds since January and I've been maintaining my weight loss for the last month. Hope to stay where I am but keep toning. Good luck!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Schedule a time in the evening to get a workout in. Even if the first few days you just kinda go through the motions, DO it. Eventually, your body will know that it is workout time! And you will actually feel more energized afterwards. :) I understand school time, it is stressful and difficult. But keep at it, you can do it!