Hey! Looking for new friends!

Options
Hello. My name is Elizabeth. I have been overweight since I was 10 years old. I am now 35. I have 3 children. My last child put a whopping 70lb on me. I lost it all, and have now gained back 25 lb. I have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetic neuropathy, and an autoimmune disease called Sjogren's Syndrome. I have osteoarthritis from my spine to my feet. I suffer from severe fatigue as well. My immune system attacks my bodies tissue. I have been back eating healthy for 13 days now. I am loving it. Sometimes I do want to give up. I need new friends on here to help motivate me and I can motivate them. My goal is to lose 10lb by no certain time. I will continue my 10lb goal until I have lost 70lb.

Replies

• joelzie7252
    joelzie7252 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth. I have fought my weight for a very long-time. I have had a very successful career but in saying that I sacrificed my personal life physically & mentally.
    I am 45 and am roughly 45lbs overweight. I've been on keto diet for 3 weeks and lost7lbs. I'm struggling with sweet cravings and sticking to my diet. I really get motivated seeing people like you who are battling so much more than I am. I wish you all the best and hope you can continue to get healthy.
    Cheers
  • crystaljene
    crystaljene Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Elizabeth nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your story. I have been on myfitnesspal since 2014 but never utilized it to about 6 weeks ago. Losing weight is a struggle, but with motivation and support we can get through this. I'm have now lost 15lbs and I'm am here for anyone who what's to make a difference!!
  • makejesus
    makejesus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Elizabeth you are not alone in this journey. Keep on eating healthy it is going to pay off in the end. I am 51 years old and I have also struggled with my eating. But I lost almost a hundred pounds but I have not reached my goal weight yet because of my relationship with food. But this is my year. Today I am starting over on myfitness pal
    and I will use this site to stay accountable to my goals