Housekeeping

Options
Since I clean for a living and I have been doing it for 3 years now do I even count that as a workout and subtract my calories I work 2.5 hours straight before I break and then I am back at it again till the end of my shift about 6 full hours of vigorous cleaning...and 3 hours of moping 5 nights a week...thanks everyone for your help!!

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You set your actively level as active in your profile and don't count those calories.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    No, I would make sure that when you set your goals and they set your caloric requirements that you selected the appropriate activity level which will adjust your caloric needs based on that level.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Working should not be counted as exercise but since you have chosen to do so then you need to make sure you set your profile as sedatary. If you have it set at active and you are adding the work/exercise twice.

No daily activity is exercise, your body expects you to burn those calories. Only time dedicated to exercise should be counted as exercise. Be careful as this can lead to overeating and MFP will be counting those calories twice.

Best of Luck!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Either note it with the activity level in your lifestyle and forget about it or set a lower lifestyle activity level and count it. Personally I would do the first.
  • jragan68
    jragan68 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks I wasnt sure which way to do it I usually dont count that as a workout but I wanted to make sure that I was doing it right. I however did not have my activity level set to active and I am really not sure why I usually only have 1 to 2 hours of rest time a day.