Bikram Yoga!? Has anyone done this?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Its confirmed! Im doing Bikram Yoga tommorow!! in a 105 degree heated room for 90 minutes. Oh my.....what have I gotten myself into...........oops

Im sure its gonna be an awesome new experience!

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Dude, those classes are for chicks! (pause) Oh, wait... Ahh.... You sly dog. Well done.
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck making your move on those chicks with sweat running all down your... back.
  • helloimangela
    Options
    Bikram yoga is great! It's a lot harder than most people think. The heat can definitely drive you crazy, but once you're done and you walk out of that room, you feel amazing. AND you'll probably sleep better than you have in a long time. My boyfriend actually lost a lot of weight doing Bikram Yoga a few years ago.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good luck making your move on those chicks with sweat running all down your... back.
    ...and sack.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Bikram yoga is great! It's a lot harder than most people think. The heat can definitely drive you crazy, but once you're done and you walk out of that room, you feel amazing. AND you'll probably sleep better than you have in a long time. My boyfriend actually lost a lot of weight doing Bikram Yoga a few years ago.

thats what my friend has been telling me about feeling amazing afterward!
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does it at least 5 times a week and has found that it's the only thing that helps his back. He has also been able to lose 60 lbs since January just by adding it into his weekly routine and not changing his eating habits! It's definitely not just for girls as it takes a lot of strength and determination to last through the 90 minute classes.
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've done it, and I would definitely recommend it. I have never sweated so much before in my entire life. Be prepared to sit down when you start feeling dizzy, it takes a while to get used to the heat. I sat down for about a third of my first class. I still thought it was an amazing experience. All the sweating made my skin very soft afterwards.

I do bikram yoga about once a month, it's a nice alternative for when the gym gets boring.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It'll definitely help with your flexibility and any other random pain you have, but it's freaking tough. I did it 5 days a week for about 6 months and saw so many people pass out and almost passed out myself a few times. However, the cool shower after Bikram is the most amazing thing on earth lol
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    What should I wear do you think???
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Guys usually wear board shorts and no shirt. You will be so wet it will be like you just got out of a pool.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE bikram. I've done yoga for years but just got into Bikram a few months ago. At first I was really turned off my the idea of doing the same poses each time, but I've learned to really enjoy the routine of it. I've noticed changed in my flexibility in just a few months.

Most men wear shorts of some sort, no shirt. Make sure to bring a mat, towel and lots of water!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    OH OH.....today is the day!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! Don't forget the towel and don't eat right before!