Fitbit or Alternative Tracker

Options
jrline
jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
I am not happy with Fitbit the band on my Surge is splitting in three places. I have had it over a year so they will give me 25% off a new product. That is good enough. This is a device that sells for $250. Has anyone else had this crap with them? I am thinking if I have to replace it I will switch to a different brand. Anybody have any recommendations.

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just got the Garmin vivosmartHR and am loving it. The band fits my smallish wrist, it has all kinds of great features, and necessary for me, I can wear it in the pool. I've had it about a week, and go 6 days of battery life. It was $150 at Best Buy. So far, the only drawback is that it is clearly an activity tracker, so doesn't lookgreat with dresses.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I had a Charge HR and hated it; I felt it was wildly inaccurate. I currently have a Fitbit One and love it, but I don't need/want all the bells and whistles the more expensive models have so the One works for me. This is my second One. I sold my first (that I had for almost 2 years and never had a problem with) to get the latest and greatest Charge HR, but ended up selling that only to go back to a One.
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you like your current fitbit except for the band. Why not get the fitbit blaze it has interchangeable bands. So you only spend the cost of a new band (Which there are always knockoffs) when your fitbit band breaks from normal usage. My fitbit charge HR band broke but, I love my fitbit. I got a free replacement but, next I plan on get the fitbit charge 2 HR so I can switch out the bands as I want. All the new fitbits are coming out with interchangeable bands so maybe int he future they will the surge like that too. I'm no help on other trackers though sorry.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    My first Fitbit was a One, and it was great ... until I jumped into a pool, while to One was still in my pocket. D'oh!

I replaced it with a Charge HR. I was pleased with it, but he display face easily scratched, and like your Surge, the band on my Charge HR started to come apart. Luckily, mine was still within warranty, so they gave the the choice of a free replacement, or a 30% discount on any other product. Free is free, so I went with the replacement.

I spoke with my brother soon after getting the replacement, and he's on his 3rd Charge HR, with the first two failing the same way mine did, and they'd told him "no more free replacements" even though the first two fell apart in under a year each.

So, when my current Charge HR dies, I may well go back to the simplicity of the One, or I may splurge for a smart watch, depending on what's on offer. Beyond that, the Garmin Vivosmart HR is something I'd consider if I were buying today.