A Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie

Options
LuvinLife
LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
I just wanted to share this recipe with everyone because it surprised me how good they were. A mother of 3 at my church has literally cut out ALL butter and most hydrogenated oils from their diet. Her husband is a body builder and she looks great. She has so many good ideas, I am going to be trying a few.

This recipe is does not look quite as pretty if that is what you are trying for, but they are much healthier than any chocolate chip cookie I know of. (They looked a bit darker than what I am used to, but...........just don't look when you eat it at first, lol)

Ingredients:

* 1 cup pureed beans - YES beans(canned or cooked: kidney, pinto, chick peas)
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
* 1 cup chopped nuts

Follow this recipe as you would the Nestle Toll House recipe.
Mix beans and sugars
Add eggs and vanilla
Add flour, salt, and soda
Add Chips & nuts

These cookies were really very good. The beans add fiber, protein, and potassium along with other stuff. She recommended cooking your own beans so that there's no added sodium, but canned will do. By using the beans, you are actually cutting the calories in each cookie by about 22 calories(if you can actually get 60 cookies out of the recipe). The fat content goes way down also. One cup of butter has 154g of FAT. One cup of kidney beans only has 2g!!

Offer them to your significant others without telling them and see what they think. Mine had NO idea.

Replies

• LuvinLife
    Options
    I just wanted to share this recipe with everyone because it surprised me how good they were. A mother of 3 at my church has literally cut out ALL butter and most hydrogenated oils from their diet. Her husband is a body builder and she looks great. She has so many good ideas, I am going to be trying a few.

This recipe is does not look quite as pretty if that is what you are trying for, but they are much healthier than any chocolate chip cookie I know of. (They looked a bit darker than what I am used to, but...........just don't look when you eat it at first, lol)

Ingredients:

* 1 cup pureed beans - YES beans(canned or cooked: kidney, pinto, chick peas)
    * 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 3/4 cup granulated sugar
    * 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 2 large eggs
    * 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
    * 1 cup chopped nuts

Follow this recipe as you would the Nestle Toll House recipe.
    Mix beans and sugars
    Add eggs and vanilla
    Add flour, salt, and soda
    Add Chips & nuts

These cookies were really very good. The beans add fiber, protein, and potassium along with other stuff. She recommended cooking your own beans so that there's no added sodium, but canned will do. By using the beans, you are actually cutting the calories in each cookie by about 22 calories(if you can actually get 60 cookies out of the recipe). The fat content goes way down also. One cup of butter has 154g of FAT. One cup of kidney beans only has 2g!!

Offer them to your significant others without telling them and see what they think. Mine had NO idea.
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could even use granulated splenda instead of sugar?

Any idea what the calorie count is per batch?
  • LuvinLife
    Options
    I wonder if you could even use granulated splenda instead of sugar?

Any idea what the calorie count is per batch?

I'm sure you could use splenda.

The calorie count per batch is 4359 without nuts. If you can get 60 cookies, that only 72 calories per cookie with less than 2 g of fat.

I calculated this on nutritiondata.com

Claire
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    oh wow a must try