Weigh day

Options
What time of the day so you weigh yourself on your weigh in day? I do morning as apparently that's when you are at your lightest? But that somewhat seems inaccurate to me then?

Replies

• jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you weigh yourself at the same time of day each week and wearing the same amount of clothes (or not) then it doesn't matter what time of day. Yes, the number might be different if you are butt naked first thing in the am, but is doesnt matter. Same time = you are being consistent in comparing one week to another.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since your weight fluctuates throughout the day, morning is the best time
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the morning butt naked haha!! So I guess that it as accurate as I will get it. Thanks!
  • margaretadams96343
    Options
    In the am after a bm is best; but before you eat or drink anything, in my opinion.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    But that somewhat seems inaccurate to me then?

^^ confused, your weight goes up and down during the day depending on what you have eaten, drank, had a wee, need a poo etc
    so the most accurate way/time to weigh in is first thing in the morning after you have been toilet and naked, thats the closest ya gonna get to your weight as its not including what you have had during the day
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    Meaning if your weight fluctuates, then your average weight will be higher.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    You may be overthinking this. Just pick a time. If you'll feel better doing it mid-day or evening, do that.

I don't care about my average weight; I just want to know if it's changing. So consistency in measurement is key for me.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in when I wake up every Monday. I figure after waking up I haven't had anything to eat or drink yet to complicate things and I am already getting naked to get in the shower :-)
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    Probably am over thinking haha
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh Monday and Friday, first thing in the morning, mostly naked. Friday to see how my weekday work paid off, and Monday to be sure I didn't mess that all up over the weekend.

Your most accurate body weight will be in the morning before you eat. Anything after is your weight + the weight of the food you have eaten, which will pass.
  • _Crackers_
    _Crackers_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep the same time, state of (un)dress day of the week you will be good. As your really just after a trend.

Personally my weight can fluctuate 2kgs in a day easy. All coming down to how much food or water consumed and if I have had a bowl movement.

What you don't want to do is morning one week and afternoon/evening the following as any weight loss could be hidden in your normal fluctuation.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your weight is never accurate, but consistent circumstances - first thing in the morning, after loo, on the same scales with fresh batteries, on the same place, on an even, firm surface, with no or same clothes - will give the most reliable reading.