I'm finding CICO to be...

Options
Empowering

I've always heard that I'd feel so great if I was in control of my relationship with food. For some reason, that always brought visions of white knuckling it through cravings and going to bed hungry but "victorious" every night lol.

Now I'm feeling in control because I am eating what I want, in appropriate amounts for my body and goals, I'm not constantly thinking about "cheating" or "taking a break" & I feel like maintanence could be possible when I get to that point (with commitment).

I'm really grateful to everyone in the MFP community who are so consistent with the CICO advice/POV.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Knowledge = Power
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Exactly the way I felt when I started 4 yrs ago. It was an enlightening moment.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love this! Once it clicks, it's a life-changing moment!
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have to say, it has been nice to hear everyone emphasize that nothing is off limits. Even when we try our best to drown out the outside "noise" (unsolicited, incorrect advice), it can be difficult not to start questioning if you are doing something wrong. Thanks to MFP, I decided to break away from the all-or-nothing mentality and rigid timelines. If we are truly in this for life, then we have to take the good and the bad.
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What is CICO?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    CICO - calories in, calories out...to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Love posts like this! Sounds like you're definitely on the right track OP :)
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill @ the Gym yesterday. The new "South Beach Diet" info-mercial was on & I can see how that would dupe a lot of people in to buying in to it. I love the models they show on South Beach with wash board abs & yep that can be you in just 60 days...lol
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I love how they're advertising the South Beach diet as 'new'
  • NoNameJustMe
    NoNameJustMe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the all or nothing way of thinking i.e. you have to eat this and you can't have that. CICO works. Portion control works. If I'd followed a restrictive diet I never would have accomplished any of my goals.