60 lbs to lose - I need motivation, support, understanding and accountability. Chicago area...

Hi there! I'm new on MFP. Just changed over to the keto lifestyle a few weeks ago. I had tried it before but every time groceries would get low I would end up eating carb loaded foods but it definitely worked! I'm on a budget and places like Whole Foods are too expensive. I need easier , less expensive Foods! I started following Michelle Rock on YouTube and saw her budgeted keto meals were on point so it's inspired me !
So many fine people sharing their journey's - I love it, so inspiring.

Anyway- I'm rambling, about me...
I'm 39,5,3 186 pounds and have hashimotos disease which makes it tough to lose weight. I'd like to weigh 125 but would be okay at 140 too .

I have a 5 year old and 12 year old and i want to be healthy for them, happy for me and slim (or slimmer) To go with all that! Plus feeling sexy would be a big bonus- I'm just sayin .....:)

Keto was great for feeling satisfied! However this time I can't seem to get into ketosis and it's been almost 3 weeeks ;(.

I'm tracking everything down to the partial carb and I am weighing and logging all of it but I'm still not losing. Maybe not enough water. I have my macros right I think :(

@sigh@

Anyway- that's me!

Hope I can add some friends and share support!

Xoxox
Salina

Replies

• lm2011grad
    lm2011grad Posts: 17 Member
    I started Keto at the begining of the month. I have been Yoyoing away for the last 11 years. I spent 2 years doing low carb yeaaaars ago and had great results. I went shopping for brand new clothes and instantly got pregnant with my daughter. My OB at the time said lowcarb was a nonoption during pregnancy. I bloated right back up and my weight got away from me! For 10 years I have been 200 or 250 lbs. Never under 200. I have tried super low calorie and working out. It works short term for me, but never under 200! I started low carb at the beginning of the month, and decided about 11 days ago to move in a Keto direction. I am down 10 lbs total MFP only shows a lower loss because I got heavier than my original starting weight. I will add you to my friends list! Good luck!
  • kaye300
    kaye300 Posts: 29 Member
    New too Me to as well....feel free to add me as well, and best of luck!!
  • ree_verd
    ree_verd Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am KF3. 3 days on keto diet. I have lost 3 kg so far. I love this diet. I still can eat cheese :D
  • urirahamim
    urirahamim Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, you have my support, I need to lose also 30 K , I am sorry about my English is that we have the same problem,
  • cocates77
    cocates77 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there. Feel free to add me. We have similar stats except I started at 193. I've lost 22 lbs thus far and would like to get down to 140 as well.