Great Sources of Protein

Options
Hi all,
Do you have any recipes or ideas for Power Snacks that are high in protein, but low in carbs?

My goal each day is 160 grams of protein (or more), and I am not even close to hitting it.
Would LOVE some ideas of things you make in bulk that really hit the spot when needed.

Thanks for the support.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Fish
    Nuts
    Legumes
    Grains
    Eggs
    Dairy
    Soy
    Protein Powder
    Protein Bars
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is a great snack. Most brands have 15 grams of protein in a single serving container. A small salad topped with grilled chicken and nuts might be a good option as well. I believe chicken is 22 grams of protein per serving and nuts vary by your choice. A 5 oz can of tuna in water is about 150 calories with 0 carbs and 32 grand of protein. If you don't like it plain but Mayo based tuna salad is too high call for you, try it with a dollop of far free sour cream (20 call per serving), chopped dill pickle to taste and a dash of soy sauce.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Make your own beef jerky.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Low fat milk
    Egg whites
    Chicken
    Turkey
    White meat fish
    Red meat fish (I think typically has more fat?)
    Lean beef
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I like sliced deli meat (preferably chicken or turkey) spread with LF cream cheese and rolled around a dill pickle slice. I've been thinking of trying it with pickled asparagus too.