Weight watchers frozen meal

Options
Today I bought a weight watcher frozen meal. I was well below my calorie limit of 1200 cals and had enough cals left to have a healthy lunch and breakfast. Does anyone else eat weight watcher frozen meals? Has anyone has success incorporating these meals as part of a diet... maybe a few times a week?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I have a Lean Cuisine and steam-in-bag of veggies for dinner most nights.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    I eat them, or similar brands, from time to time. Maybe once a week or so.
    Generally when I am home by myself and can't be bothered cooking for one.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if it makes you happy and you like it and it fits your calories -- go for it.

personally, i think they are gross and disgusting and I can make more (quantity and satiety) food for less calories, myself. and know EXACTLY whats in it (no weird preservatives or food dyes LOL)
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't like them AT ALL but I use them often for lunch at work. I don't always have leftovers and this keeps me out of the restaurants. I don't enjoy them though. I've been experimenting with different brands (I am like the Luvo brand) in hopes of finding something more palatable.
  • uhoo22
    uhoo22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm visually impaired and can't cook, so I live on frozen dinners. I have lost weight and maintained on them, plus seen a surge in energy. They have come a LONG way from where they were even five years ago. They now aren't mushy like they used to be and most of them include fresh, crisp vegetables. I love the Weight Watcher's crustless chicken pot pie. I also like Safeway's own brand "Eating Right". Lean Cuisine also has some new very good ones packed with vegetables that really taste gourmet. I always pop them out of the plastic container and heat them on my own glass plate or bowl, but that's just my own thing. :) They help me with calories, but also nutrients. I get very bored with the same foods, so the variety is essential to me. Also, I never pay more than $2 for them and often less with shopping sales. Good luck!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    They aren't filling or overly tasty imo but if you're stuck for time they do fine.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Today I bought a weight watcher frozen meal. I was well below my calorie limit of 1200 cals and had enough cals left to have a healthy lunch and breakfast. Does anyone else eat weight watcher frozen meals? Has anyone has success incorporating these meals as part of a diet... maybe a few times a week?

I don't care for the Weight Watcher ones but I love Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice and Chilis frozen entrees :) I used them frequently during my weight loss phase and I still eat them several times a week, now several years into maintenance. I also add frozen veggies and canned chicken to them to make them more filling and I still come in under 500 calories most times!
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I found for how they taste and how much they cost they're not worth it. I can make amazing meals for less calories, for less money and they taste great. But I love going to farmers markets and I love cooking! If you don't have time to cook or you can't cook or don't like cooking and you're okay with the price and don't mind the taste, go for it. At the end of the day it's up to you.

So long as you eat a deficit, you'll lose weight. If these are helping you, then they're fine.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have these a couple times a week at work.

I know they're full of sodium, and I'm sure people can make better at home. But...

*They're portion-sized, so I can't make a too-large portion.
    *They aren't that expensive..as low as $2/meal at Wal-Mart. More around $3-$3.50.
    *There's some actual veggies in there.
    * They are quick to grab as I'm running out the door, so I'm less likely to bring a lunch rather than buy something or be lured by bagels or something.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I won't eat them. Had an old blind dog at a sawmill, he ate mostly what guys fed him from their lunch. Tried to feed him one, he walked off.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes!

I don't find these foods filling enough so I am typically adding more veggies. I look for the highest protein options too. But these are great for a "hot" lunch. Healthy Choice Steamers are my favorite right now.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't use their frozen meals often, I do use Healthy Choice Steamers on occasion (keep them in the freezer for a rushed week). But I do use the WW bakery products. My favorite are their "flat bread" buns. For me these are great to keep my calories down and still enjoy a burger or piled high sandwich!!

I say, if its something you enjoy to eat, works in your calories (and macros if you watch those) and works in your schedule.. why not?
  • 1kiloatatime
    1kiloatatime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Personally I love them! Have them everyday for lunch, I find them fulfilling and delicious!
  • melm1903
    melm1903 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use WW meals and also my supermarket equivalent steam meals which are low in sugar and sodium and are packed with veggies! I always try and go for meals that have the least amount of additives and so far it's working for me! I'm not the best cook and these are cost effective and are delicious, I just bulk up with vegetables if I feel it isn't going to be enough!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I used to eat WW, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice etc. at work a lot. I didn't find them filling enough, so I always added my own frozen steamed veggies to bulk them up, which really helped.

Once I discovered brands like Amy's and Evol, I quit eating those other brands. The taste and the nutrition were so much better. They cost more, but they are so worth it for what you get.
  • GrahamUK72
    GrahamUK72 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    if it makes you happy and you like it and it fits your calories -- go for it.

personally, i think they are gross and disgusting and I can make more (quantity and satiety) food for less calories, myself. and know EXACTLY whats in it (no weird preservatives or food dyes LOL)

I agree with callsitlikeiseeit.

I tend to batch cook meals, (chili, curry, piri piri chicken, stew, bolognese, lasagne etc) bloating them out with veggies such as mushrooms, peppers, onions etc. Then I freeze them.

I know there is nothing processed about them, I know they contain at least 2 portions of my 5 a day and I know the exact calories.

I just get the meal from the freezer the day before I want to eat it.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    If you like them, and they fit into your budget, lifestyle, and calorie goals, eat them. Lean Cuisines were a huge part of my weight loss last year and still are an important part of maintenance. I rarely eat them for dinner but I do have them for lunch often. I have a few varieties I like that I tend to buy over and over. Amy's Organic meals are generally my favorite, but they are more expensive and some of the varieties I like are too high calorie for lunch for me.
  • Milfsh4ke
    Milfsh4ke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to eat tons of them. I started making my own, I sauté a pan of veggies..add a protein of choice (chicken, steak, shrimp whatever) and a carb (sweet potato, potato, rice, quinoa). Now I can't touch those frozen meals. Making your own in a big batch and putting them in to go containers for the week..simple, healthy and delish.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Anything you enjoy that keeps you on track calorie and macro-wise.. go for it. I attempted it once as a time saving thing but they never filled me up. I felt like I had to eat 3 of them.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I find they offer very little food for the cals. I generally will cook 2 serving meals for dinner - eat one and take one for lunch the next day.