Diet Stalemate :(

Options
What can I do to 'jumpstart' my weight loss again? I lost 7 then I gained back. My calorie intake is less than my resting caqolric burn and I am exercising. Getting very frustrated & almost ready to throw in the towel.

Replies

• tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    eat more! it is called a calorie goal for a reason!
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, so I can't offer any specific advice. We all get stuck - the scale has been moving in the wrong direction for me for over a week! But I encourage you to not get discouraged, just get determined. Educate yourself on what your body is telling you. I find that zig-zag calories helps break my plateaus. But, obviously it doesn't work all the time. Get friends, stay in touch, let them know when you are struggling, ask them for help, share your diary. It will work - but only if we don't give up.
  • sftblmama
    sftblmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and the weight has got to go somewhere. Did you take your measurements? Sometimes when you judge your progress by something other than weight you can confirm that there is progress still being made. I know first hand what you are going through. I am in the same boat. But, I just jogged for a half mile straight, which is something I havent been able to do since high school and I just told my husband tonight that my knees aren't hurting as bad anymore. Chin up! Besides, if you throw in the towel where are you gonna go? Eventually will want to start again and you'll probably have more work to do. We can make it through this!
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great encouragement ladies! I totally agree with you all. Plz don't give up!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    First thing you do is relax. Getting you just joined this month, and we never know what our bodies are going to do, but stressing about it is not going to help. Second, double-check that you're not eating too few calories to keep your metabolism going. I know when we have a lot to lose, we think that eating the least amount possible will make it better, but we still have to eat enough.

When I first started, last month, I lost 5 pounds without exercising because of the shock to my body. I started working out, and I gained more than that back. Finally I got back under my start weight and was stuck there for 2 weeks. This morning, I weighed-in, and I was down 4.6 pounds. I know these are real pounds off because I kept with the plan and kept working out.

Don't get discouraged. Check your intake and especially your water, keep working out, and trust the system.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    If you're eating anything less than 1200 calories then that's your problem.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Agreed, sounds like you need to eat more. I was on vacation from work a week or so ago and thought I was being so good by not eating all my calories, but when I stepped on the scale I had actually gained. Next week I made myself eat my 1200 calories plus some of my exercise calories and lost 2 pounds that week.