Turbo Jam calories

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
Hi everyone, I just did the "learn and burn" from turbo jam today. I did the whole thing with no rest. Im 210lbs and I am wondering if anyone knows how to log this and how many calories it burns.

Thanks!

Replies

• Tbenee0920
    Tbenee0920 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I want to add the Jillian Michaels dvds. I think you will need to listen to the exercise, find it and then log the amount of time you spent doing each. The easiest to log would be P90X I think. :(
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Calories vary so much. It really all depends on the person. I would guestimate maybe 300 or so if you really booked it. You can get a Heart Rate Monitor but those tend to over estimate your calories. Bodybugg is really good at tracking them.
  • ravgirly
    ravgirly Posts: 32
    Options
    I use a bodybugg for the most accurate calorie burn reading. Heart rate monitors can give you a good idea of the burn, but they do tend to overestimate the burn a lot. I'm doing Turbo Fire and it's intense and just the regular workouts of Turbo Fire usually give me a burn of 500+ calories. Turbo Jam is a little less intense, so I'd say a good guesstimate would be in the 300's if you really amp it up. I really wouldn't do the guesstimation thing if I were you, though. I'd at least try to use a heart rate monitor and maybe subtract a few calories burned.

Once you graduate from Turbo Jam, you absolutely HAVE to try Turbo Fire! My bodybugg reports calorie burns in the low 700's to my highest so far has been 1,058 calories with the HIITs. It's Amazing!!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont have any of the HRMs as I cannot afford one. Im a student on a very tight budget. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can estimate my calories burned?
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    As the above poster said, it varies from person to person (weight, age). I do Turbo Jam workouts 5x a week and don't always burn the same amount of cals. There are days when I put forth more effort into my workout which gives me a higher calorie burn. On the opposite side of the coin, there are also days when I just go through the motion and end up burning less cals.

Here is my weekly workout log:

Mins Cals
    Cardio Party Mix 3 37 458

Mins Cals
    Cardio Party 1 39 470

Mins Cals
    Cardio Party Mix 3 41 300

Mins Cals
    Cardio Party Mix 2 38 460

Mins Cals
    Cardio Party 1 38 440
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    There's an entry in the cardio database that's called "kickboxing (including Turbo Jam)". That's what I log my Turbo Fire under but it might be a little high. It's like 500 calories for 45 minutes for me at 155.