Good walking sneakers

katie_kaboom
katie_kaboom Posts: 42
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
I was just wondering if anyone knows a good brand of sneakers for walking on the treadmill (I hope to be up to running at some future point). I tend to wear out the back of my shoes, which causes some uncomfortable blisters.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    If possible, you should go to a shoe store that watches you walk and gets you fitted correctly. Since I've gotten proper fitted running shoes, I've noticed a definite difference. Try to find someone who can watch you walk and tell you what kind of support you need and where.
  • If possible, you should go to a shoe store that watches you walk and gets you fitted correctly. Since I've gotten proper fitted running shoes, I've noticed a definite difference. Try to find someone who can watch you walk and tell you what kind of support you need and where.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll pop into an athletic shoe store.
  • Stere clear of toning shoes! You need stability on the treadmill. You should take someone with you when you shop, maybe a sister?
  • SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Have you tried Nike Shox?
  • Stere clear of toning shoes! You need stability on the treadmill. You should take someone with you when you shop, maybe a sister?

Is that a subtle hint, my dear?

Okay, you can come along...you'll keep me from being totally bamboozled.
  • Have you tried Nike Shox?

I haven't. I usually buy whatever athletic shoes are on sale, so I am a total novice when it comes to picking out good shoes. But thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely take a look at those sneakers.
This discussion has been closed.