I didn't go over my calories today but I went over my fats

Options
What happens if you don go over your calorie limit for he day but you go over your Carbohydrates,fats, and protein

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all. It's nearly impossible to hit each one perfectly every day. All that's required for weight loss is a calorie deficit. You can adjust the macros to suit you. Some do high fat, low fat, low carb and all points in between.
  • Vanillabeanss2
    Vanillabeanss2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Same here especially carbs
  • elpint0r
    elpint0r Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    it's calories in vs calories out... you're fine
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. As long as you are under calories you will be fine. I often go over fats.
  • dniania
    dniania Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Just for clarification - you stayed under calories, but went over on fat, protein, AND carbs?

There are inaccurate entries somewhere. Calories are made of fat, protein, and carbs (and alcohol, but for simplicities sake, I'll assume just the first three). If you are over on all three macros, you are over on calories. Unless the data for the entry was entered incorrectly. Double check entries used against USDA database.

Or are you saying you stayed under calories, but went over fat, protein, OR carbs (or any two out of three of your macros)?

That's fine. Expected, even. You won't hit all three "perfectly" every time. Carry on.

No today I just went over my fats also yesterday
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    daily calories should equal (C+P)*4+F*9 - but MFP does weird rounding things
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    dniania wrote: »
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Just for clarification - you stayed under calories, but went over on fat, protein, AND carbs?

There are inaccurate entries somewhere. Calories are made of fat, protein, and carbs (and alcohol, but for simplicities sake, I'll assume just the first three). If you are over on all three macros, you are over on calories. Unless the data for the entry was entered incorrectly. Double check entries used against USDA database.

Or are you saying you stayed under calories, but went over fat, protein, OR carbs (or any two out of three of your macros)?

That's fine. Expected, even. You won't hit all three "perfectly" every time. Carry on.

No today I just went over my fats also yesterday

That's no problem then. Being over on one macro, but under on the others is pretty normal. It would be very difficult to hit all three exactly every day!

• Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I never worried about anything but my calories and I did it just by counting calories and nothing else. Good Luck!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You're still 2 grams below your fat limit today. It's sodium you went over. Drink some extra water. You're good.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i go over my fats 5-6 days a week. nothing happens if you go over.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the world self implodes.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Macro just gives you a breakdown of what you have consumed. It only matters if it matters to you. For example, someone on a paleo diet, their fats are probably going to be much higher than standard recommended by mfp. but, you can adjust those figures to what every you want them to be.