Night shift

Options
I need to lose around 50 pounds. I am a nurse and am starting a new job. It is night shift 12 hours. Are you destined to gain weight. Anyone out there struggle with this issue. If so, do you have any tips? Thank you

Replies

• running_in_tiaras
    running_in_tiaras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I was on the night shift I made my day from 2 pm to 6 am. I stopped losing weight when I got on the mid shift and I thought that was the reason but then I found out I was 3 months pregnant...oops. I had a problem eating meals at night so I ate one big meal after I woke up and then I just packed healthy snacks and grazed. That helped not reaching for bad food because I was bored and it was there.
  • SleepingBlackTiger
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a nurse and i'm also really struggling with eating badly when i'm on night shifts. I get this thought in my head like, "I'm tired, I deserve a treat!" Sigh... a tough mentality that I need to get over. I really need to pack a lunch... that should be a goal for me to work on...
  • elleske
    elleske Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work all shifts, but when I do nights I stop any major intake around 2AM. Meal planning and prep are essential for me.