Having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow

Options
I'm very excited to be having this surgery. I've tried every diet known to man my whole life and failed miserably.
I'm hoping with this tool (surgery) I'll be able to achieve this time and be healthy from now on. :bigsmile:
I look forward to reading everyone's stories on what works for them and what doesn't.

Replies

• MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good lucky, lady! I was actually watching a little bit of a documentary on the surgery today... it's a huge thing, very last resort.
    I hope it all works out great for you!
  • Medcoder75
    Medcoder75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    rice will be your mortal enemy one day --- lol I have the bad and for me rice sucks--- I can have a little but i definately have to overcook it! :) just an fyi --- some of my gastric friends have a problem with rice as well--- but this will help you to know ahead of time :) Good luck tomoorw!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck tomorrow! Prayers for a speedy recovery! Follow what your Dr.'s say and you'll do great!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for tomorrow and the journey ahead!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Hope it all goes well. We'll be here when you're ready.
  • DeandraLynn
    Options
    I had the surgery 5 1/2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I know you've heard it a million times but believe me it's true ~ surgery is a tool, not the magic bullet. Stay focused, listen to your doctors (not family and friends that think they know what's best) and you'll be successful.

Wishing you the best ~ D
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 10 months ago. It is only a took it is so important to listen to every little thing your doctors tell you. I learned a few things the hard way.

I am very excited for you. This will not be easy but it will be worth it!!!! Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Best Wishes~Rhonda