Post Baby Weight

Options
Jctill
Jctill Posts: 5 Member
I am within five pounds of my pre-baby weight! My baby just turned six months old and I am so close to my goal. While pregnant, I gained SIXTY TWO POUNDS. I genuinely thought I would never lose the weight.

Reasons I lost the weight: birth of said baby, nursing, paying more attention to portions, cutting out diet sodas, drinking a glass of water before a snack (to verify I was actually hungry and not just dehydrated), and limiting restaurant meals.

Replies

• mrsstone2b
    mrsstone2b Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I am trying to lose weight as well. although my little girl is 18 months old I gained 90lbs while pregnant!! It has been hard to lose the weight and I seem to be at a plateau. So far I've lost 60lbs. I wasn't able to breastfeed because she was almost 4 weeks early and had no desire.
  • Jctill
    Jctill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mrsstone2b wrote: »
    Great job!! I am trying to lose weight as well. although my little girl is 18 months old I gained 90lbs while pregnant!! It has been hard to lose the weight and I seem to be at a plateau. So far I've lost 60lbs. I wasn't able to breastfeed because she was almost 4 weeks early and had no desire.

That's a lot of weight loss- good for you! I hit a plateau and then cut out diet soda and that seemed to kick-start the weight loss again. It hard doing anything with babies so every pound is a win!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids ages 8,5,4 and twins 14 months. Gave birth at 35 weeks weighed 182 and now I'm 125:-) a lot of hard work and discipline. Great job ladies keep it up!
  • rnedwbt
    rnedwbt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Glad to read all your stories.

My daughter is 13 weeks and I have 1.5 pounds until I'm to my pre-pregnancy weight. And then five more after that until I'm at my pre-preg weight from my son (he's 3). Setting small goals and trying not to be in a hurry! I'm mostly just focusing on diet.. logging every bite and staying under my calorie limit. Breastfeeding gives me lots of extra calories to work with, so it's been pretty easy so far.
  • jldem87
    jldem87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined back up. I'm almost 4 months pp with my daughter and also have a 19month old so they keep me busy. I have about 10 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight but I would like to lose more than that as I'm overweight. Not looking to rush things. Would just like to see the scale going down without starving myself. I'm also breastfeeding, so I don't want to jeopardize that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!