Is anyone on or has tried Jenny Craig?

Options
Has anyone tried the Jenny Craig diet and did it work? I just started and I wake up in the middle of the night absolutely starving and have to eat something

Replies

• cory_hudack
    cory_hudack Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its weird because I logged all my foods I've been eating from Jenny and at the end of the day my numbers are on par with MFP...even sodium which you wouldn't think. I'm just starving. Do you guys feel 1200 calories is too low?
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I use JC because I have never been interested in cooking and never really taught myself :) I've been in maintenance over a year and I lost 85 pounds. I don't do the preplanned menu. I just pick the meals I like and I volumize them with loads of veggies.

I only use the food as a tool in my arsenal. I learned about weight maintenance and management by doing my own research and by trial and error.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Also, people regain the weight not because JC, MFP, WW, Atkins, Keto or any of these programs are failures. They regain because they don't learn what it takes to maintain weight loss. I had to learn that myself. I truly enjoy the food and it's no different for me than going grocery shopping. I paid a one time member fee and I go to pick my food up weekly, daily or whenever I want. It was worth the investment for me personally.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a plan . Just do what works for you .. I just do my own plan .. sometimes not very good lol

Good luck
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi OP - I didn't mean to be negative toward your choice of Jenny Craig with my earlier comment. I just get kind of excited about MFP and calorie counting because it was such a huge game changer for me!

You mentioned 1200 Cals, I had to go there to lose my last 10 lbs and i was hungry too. It helped to exercise and get 200-300 extra calories to eat most days.

Also, how many calories did MFP give you? If higher than 1200, you could use those additional calories as snacks to round out the convenient Jenny Craig meals. If you log it all and meet the MFP goal, you should be a little more full and still lose weight.

No matter what method you use, the important thing is to keep moving forward, keep learning, and find what works for YOU. :-)

ETA: Lost half of my text on the first post, came back to add it.
  • cory_hudack
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 calories and I can stick to that and not be hungry. But on Jenny Craig they give me 1200 calories as well and I'm starving.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 calories and I can stick to that and not be hungry. But on Jenny Craig they give me 1200 calories as well and I'm starving.

I can see your age is 36. How tall are you? How much weight do you have to lose?

How much did you tell MFP you want to lose per week and is this an appropriate amount or should your goal be less aggressive?

What activity level did you tell MFP and is it the right one?

Do you eat back your exercise calories - as you are meant to in the MFP system?

Maybe 1200 is correct level for you - but if you havent put in accurate data you may be allocated 1200 when you should be getting more.

Also note that is 1200 NET - ie you eat more if you exercise.
    1200 plus exercise calories.

• AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options

That's interesting. I wonder - what are your macros / food choices like when you use MFP, vs. Jenny Craig? Looked at the Jenny Craig website and looks like their food plan is about 50/60% carbs. Some people (including me) stay a lot fuller on a lower carb / higher fat & protein combination. I seem to do best at around 25% carbs.

Or maybe you eat more fiber when using just MFP? A close look at your food diary might give you some helpful data.
  • cory_hudack
    Options
    I'm 4'11" 132lbs and would like to lose about 10lbs. MFP gives me 50% carbs and 20% protein. I don't always use all my carbs up but hit my protein daily easily. Should I maybe lower the carbs increase protein? I'm not a marathon runner or anything so I feel like my carbs shouldn't be so high