Midsection

Options
I can normally get to my goal weight, but my stomach never seems to get flatter no matter what I do.

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Do you do abwork? It doesn't necessarily flatten me out, just tightens things up.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce. if there is extra fat there, continue to eat in a deficit and incorporate a progressive lifting program, with a focus on core work
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to focus on core work, any decent strength training naturally engages the core for stabilisation so doing additional isn't necessarily providing much extra in the tightening aspect.

But just because you're at what you think is goal, doesn't mean you can't lose more if you haven't reduced overall body fat to a level where you have lost enough to be satisfied with your overall desired aesthetic. If you still have tummy fat, you can still lose more.
  • farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The above posts nailed it. There is no way for you to tell your body where to take fat from... genetically we all are predisposed to utilizing certain fat stores ahead of others. The abdominal area itself tends to be the alamo for body fat to hold up in to the bitter end unfortunately. But as they have said above, as long as you continue to have a calorie deficit you will most certainly get their eventually once the other reserves are tapped.

In general any type of resistance training will benefit your goals but believe it or not working out large muscle groups like Legs (Quads and hamstrings), chest and back will actually do more to reduce that stomach fat then sit ups ever could.

Keep working you will get there!
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have lost lots of weight following a low carb plan. My stomach as definitely gotten smaller when I measure around but I still have the bump!!! I am now incorporating walking, squats and crunches 4 times a week. I figure it has to disappear sooner or later
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Abs are built in the kitchen. That is my problem area too, but I love pizza and ice cream lol
  • farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Abs are built in the kitchen. That is my problem area too, but I love pizza and ice cream lol

In your defense Pizza and Ice cream are pretty delicious :)