Help me with my journey

Options
Hi all
This is my third attempt at reaching my goal weight. In 2012 I started this journey at 179.9 lbs. I lost weight and felt great. My weight went to 145. I went from size 14 to size 8. Never reached my goal of 135 lbs. Slowly added the weight back on . I recently went from wearing scrubs for work to business attire ( back to scrubs but that's another story lol ). As I tried on outfit after outfit to see that none of my clothes fit. I realized just how unhealthy and unfit I have become AGAIN. I tend to have an obsession with scales and focus numbers. This time around I want to get healthy of course want to lose weight but for my own sanity I can't just focus on scale numbers. I belong to a gym. I plan to incorporate weights with cardio as well some yoga into my weekly workouts . I need all the motivation and encouragement anyone can offer. In the past anytime I have a set back with eating wrong or not going to the gym I tend to throw of all away and go back to my old ways. I can't continue to do this with year that passes it gets harder and harder for me to lose the weight. I want this to be my last struggle. I want to be healthy and I want to reach my goal once and for all. Thanks you all for reading come help me with my journey !
Sandi

Replies

• ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I will add you.
    It is hard to change your thinking. I try to look at it as 1 minor thing in an entire journey. Each meal or chance to workout is a chance to get back on track. You are allowed to go out to eat, or have a drink. The goal is to generally fit it into your calorie goal. Sometimes that won't be possible but you get back on the horse. If you look at this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet it beces more balanced...at least for me. I have been here about 3 weeks and honestly have never felt better. That spurs me on!
  • wenniewoop
    wenniewoop Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel you. Add me. I was 280 and lost 80lbs. Now I am a ways to go.